The performance of Yuri Butusov “Othello” in “Satyricon” opened a new season Automatic translate
MOSCOW. The Satyricon Theater on October 19 opened a new season. Fans of the theater enjoyed double pleasure - a meeting with their favorite artists and the premiere of a new performance staged by Yuri Butusov. The repertoire of the theater has a new production of Shakespeare’s heritage - the play "Othello".
Yuri Butusov realized his plan in collaboration with the artist Alexander Shishkin. This is the fifth work of the director at the Satyricon Theater, and Shakespeare’s play on this stage became his fourth appeal to the famous playwright. The repertoire already has his directorial versions of King Lear, Macbeth. “Richard III”, and now he presented the audience with his vision of “Othello”.
The performance was delivered on time, because in 2014 the anniversary will be celebrated - Shakespeare will celebrate 450 years. The plays of the great playwright in their original form are practically not staged now. Yuri Butusov was no exception - he added a fragment from “Ruslan and Lyudmila to the Shakespearean text, a poem by Anna Akhmatova sounded from the stage. Another topic raised by the director in the play is Butusov’s recollections of St. Petersburg actor Andrei Krasko.
The scene, designed by Alexander Shishkin, looks very original - a lot of lighting fixtures, cardboard boxes, decorative trees in tubs. The music for the performance was written by a composer from Lithuania Faustas Latenas. However, the musical arrangement he created was supplemented by the works of other authors - the music of Bach, Mendelssohn and more modern musical groups sounds.
In the role of Othello, Denis Sukhanov appeared before the audience, and the actress Maryana Spivak appeared in the role of Desdemona. The play has a lot of allegories, and the ending of the play is not quite ordinary - Desdemona Othello does not strangle the audience, the director found another solution to the famous scene.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Premiere of "Kind Man from Cezuan" directed by Yuri Butusov
- Theaters of Vladivostok saw the most famous performance of Roman Viktyuk - "Handmaids"
- Theater "Satyricon" opened the new season with the performance "Man from a Restaurant"
- For the first time in the capital, Satyricon presented Arnold Wasker’s play "The Kitchen"
- Die Aufführung des Kleinen Theaters "Shakespeare’s Night" in Weliki Nowgorod beendete das Festival "Living Shakespeare"
- Christopher Marlowe is the official co-author of Shakespeare. To start …
- Kaluga Drama Theater opened the anniversary season with the musical performance "Romeo and Juliet"
- In the Nizhny Novgorod Theater "Comedy" premiered the play "The Taming of the Shrew"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!