At the opening of the Baltic House festival, a symphony dedicated to the anniversary of the theater forum was performed Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The northern capital for the 25th time gathers participants in the Baltic Theater international theater forum. The festival program takes place in the building of the Theater-Festival, which gave its name to the theater forum. On October 1st, its opening took place there. Since this year the festival became a jubilee, then its opening was not quite usual.
Participants of the forum in the foyer of the Baltic House were waiting for an interactive exhibition where they could get acquainted with the history of the festival. Its organizers gave the anniversary exhibition the name "Living History".
The next stage of the celebration was the world premiere of “The Twenty-Five-Year Symphony” - a musical work written by composer from St. Petersburg Alexander Manotsky specifically for the anniversary. The symphony was performed by the orchestra, the conductor and leader of which is Yuri Krylov. The orchestra was supplemented by the Festino chamber choir (director Alexander Makarov).
At the end of the musical part, the first performance of the Baltic House program was shown. Since the festival opened is dedicated to the passing Year of Literature, the majority of theatrical productions are classical drama. Therefore, the first festival day was completed by the play "RRR" performed by the artists of the Theater named after Moscow City Council. Director Yuri Eremin used the motives of the famous Crime and Punishment in this production.
For two festival weeks, viewers will see the works of theaters of different countries, among which are not only Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia bordering with us. Among the participants are Swedish artists and Chinese, who came to St. Petersburg from the city of Guangzhou. The most anticipated performance of the festival, the audience called "Boris Godunov", staged by Eymuntas Nyakprosius in the National Drama of Lithuania.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The Baltic House Theater has begun a new, anniversary season
- The theater festival "Meetings in Russia" for the eighteenth time opened in St. Petersburg
- Das Baltic House Theatre traf sich mit Journalisten in Form einer Exkursion
- En Baltic House, el director Anatoly Praudin presentó la solución experimental de la obra de teatro de Chéjov "Tío Vanya"
- Artists from Vladimir show historical drama in Baltic House
- Macbeth Premiere at The Baltic House - Luke Perceval’s debut in Russia
- Five performances will be shown by artists of the Maly Theater on a tour in St. Petersburg
- The Baltic House Festival, which opened for the 24th time, is dedicated to the anniversary of Shakespeare