The theater festival "Meetings in Russia" for the eighteenth time opened in St. Petersburg Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. On April 4, the “Baltic House” starts the festival of Russian-language theaters operating in the CIS and Baltic countries. The theater forum, which is already opening for the 18th time in St. Petersburg, this time focuses on the theme of space. There is no coincidence in choosing a topic - 55 years ago, the most important event in Russian cosmonautics happened - a man’s flight into space.
In an interview with reporters, Sergei Shub, the initiator and leader of the festival, said that the theme of space will be reflected not only in the performances included in the festival program, but also in other events of the theater forum, starting with the opening ceremony. Even the festival’s award, bearing the name of Kirill Lavrov, is related to space. People’s Artist of the USSR was embodied the prototype of Sergei Korolev, the famous designer of space technology.
The Baltic House will present at the festival the premiere of Cosmonautics Day, staged by director Leonid Alimov. The play was based on a play by Eugene Ungard, a modern playwright. The first to enter the stage of the festival are Estonian artists. They will present the directorial work of Alexander Kladko, who staged Volodinsky’s “Five Evenings” at the Russian Theater in Estonia.
The drama theater from Tbilisi, named after A. Griboedov, will present at the festival a new version of the always up-to-date “Examiner”. Artists of the Russian drama from the Kyrgyz Bishkek will show “The Legend of Mankurt”, based on one of the most tragic stories told by Chingiz Aitmatov in the novel “And Longer Than a Century…”. Theaters from Baku and Belarusian Mogilev will participate in the festival.
Two more important events will take place during the festival - a round table devoted to the problems of Russian culture abroad, and the opening of a memorial plaque in honor of Georgy Tovstonogov, People’s Artist of the USSR.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The Baltic House Theater has begun a new, anniversary season
- Das Baltic House Theatre traf sich mit Journalisten in Form einer Exkursion
- En Baltic House, el director Anatoly Praudin presentó la solución experimental de la obra de teatro de Chéjov "Tío Vanya"
- At the opening of the Baltic House festival, a symphony dedicated to the anniversary of the theater forum was performed
- Artists from Vladimir show historical drama in Baltic House
- Macbeth Premiere at The Baltic House - Luke Perceval’s debut in Russia
- Five performances will be shown by artists of the Maly Theater on a tour in St. Petersburg
- The Baltic House Festival, which opened for the 24th time, is dedicated to the anniversary of Shakespeare
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!