Anniversary exhibition of works by Sergey Alimov - illustration for "Dead Souls" Automatic translate
MOSCOW. In the branch of the museum. Bakhrushin April 25 will be the presentation of the anniversary exhibition of the People’s Artist of the Russian Federation, VGIK professor Sergei Alimov. The exhibition will feature a series of graphic works dedicated to the famous creation of Gogol - the poem "Dead Souls".
This is not the first time the artist has addressed the theme of Gogol’s works. His first works with images of Gogol’s characters were created in the second half of the last century. These were developments for animated films that never appeared on the screens on the novels “Portrait” and “Nose”. Then the artist illustrated several works by Gogol, among which were “The Examiner” and “Players”
"Dead Souls" occupied a special place in the work of Sergei Alimov. The artist said that his attitude towards Chichikov was gradually changing, and with it the drawings themselves changed. In 1971, the edition of Dead Souls, illustrated by Alimov’s fifteen drawings, was printed, followed by twenty-five more drawings.
During this time, the artist became interested in a new technique for him - silk-screen printing. According to Sergey Alimov, already the first test works showed that this technique has much more possibilities than traditional drawing or lithography.
When performing graphics using silk-screen printing, the images acquire the bulk characteristic of a relief sculpture, and the sharp contrast between black and white allows them to give a sharpness that is fully characteristic of Gogol’s characters.
At the exhibition dedicated to the 75th anniversary of Sergei Alimov, until May 15th, one can get acquainted with forty silk-screen prints made by the artist. Then the exhibition will move to another exhibition space - the Veresov Gallery, where it will be located for a month, starting on May 30th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The theater festival "Meetings in Russia" for the eighteenth time opened in St. Petersburg
- The premiere of the play "Prince and the Pauper" took place on the Big Stage of the Saratov Youth Theater
- Talgat Masalimov "Herkunft. Die Kunst des Filzes"
- Jubiläumsausstellung von Albert Galimov
- In the museum to them. Bakhrushin opened the exhibition "Daniil Fedorov. Portrait Theater"
- The results of the third season of the award "Theater Novel"
- In the Museum of them. Bakhrushin opened a large-scale exhibition of watercolors - "A play for 12 artists"
- Theater artist Tatyana Selvinskaya presents the exhibition "Colored Glasses" at the Museum. Bahrushina