Sergey Zhenovach presents his own version of "Masters and Margarita" Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Sergei Zhenovach, the head of the capital’s "Studio of Theater Arts", on March 6, held a general run of his new directorial work. The director again decided to turn to the work of Mikhail Bulgakov. The studio’s repertoire already has the play “Notes of the Dead” staged by Sergei Zhenovach. It was based on Bulgakov’s Theatrical Novel, whose subtitle became the name of the play.
Now the director decided to put on stage his vision of the most famous work of the writer - “Masters and Margarita”. In an interview with media representatives, the author of the play explained his approach to staging the play. He noted that the most important thing for him was the world created by Bulgakov, and the characters living in this world.
Sergei Zhenovach believes that, first of all, this novel is a love story, which in most scenic embodiments of the work becomes the second plan of the play. Even at the stage of the concept of the production, our production team had a desire not only to illustrate the plot of the novel, but to delve into the author’s intention to come up with his stage reality.
Great help in the work on the performance was rendered to us by well-known versions of the great work of Bulgakov and his drafts. As a result of the work of the permanent production team, which included, under the direction of Sergey Zhenovach, Alexander Borovsky, Grigory Gobernik and Damir Ismagilov, the play “Master and Margarita” appeared in the repertoire of the theater. An important role in the production of the novel was assigned to the famous illusionist Artyom Schukin.
Sergei Zhenovach in his version of the play, as promised, retained all three layers of the novel. All three generations of actors of the studio became participants in the play.
The official premiere of “Masters and Margarita” will be presented to the audience on March 8th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Sergey Zhenovach wird die neue Saison von STI "Master and Margarita" eröffnen
- For the first time on the Russian stage, Sergei Zhenovach presented the play "Kira Sergeevna" based on the prose of Victor Nekrasov
- Tours of the Maly Theater in Tyumen began with the play "Imaginary Sick"
- The premiere took place at STI - composition by Bulgakov "Notes of the deceased"
- The results of the third season of the award "Theater Novel"
- Established a new literary award called "Theatrical Novel"
- The main stage temporarily opened in the Maly Theater
- The first premiere of January at the Maly Theater - "The Youth of Louis XIV"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!