Exhibition of German artists from Vorpswede in the art gallery of Chelyabinsk Automatic translate
CHELYABINSK. A new exhibition, organized in conjunction with the German cultural center. Goethe opened in the city art gallery. The exhibition’s exposition included works by a German artist, whose short creative life took place on the border of the 19th and 20th centuries. Paula Moderson-Becker was engaged in creativity for less than 14 years, but during this not too long period of time she managed to create 750 paintings, 13 etchings and no less than a thousand drawings.
Researchers of the artist’s work attribute her work to early expressionism, considering her the inspirer of Paul Gauguin. Indeed, still lifes written by Moderson-Becker resemble the manner in which Gauguin’s paintings were distinguished. The objects that make up the artist’s still lifes are made with colorful spots.
Her paintings combine classic style and simplified forms of images made with catchy strokes. The artist’s works were not exhibited for a long time, as they were too unconventional, and Paula herself was so modest in nature that she considered herself not a very experienced painter.
Paula’s life was very short - she was only 31 years old when she died of heart disease. The famous poet Rilke, who was her good friend, wrote a requiem dedicated to the memory of the artist. The exhibition presents 60 works by Paula, made in various painting techniques.
Visitors to the exhibition will also talk about how German artists lived and worked, who organized a colony at the turn of the century in the small village of Vorpsvede, devoting their lives and work to the amazing nature of this corner of the country remote from civilization, some of these artists are now world famous.
The exhibition in the gallery will wait for visitors until mid-June.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- A performance based on the first novel by Sasha Sokolov will be shown in autumn in Chelyabinsk
- Puppet theater with the opening of a new season celebrated the birthday of Winnie the Pooh
- Youth Theater of Chelyabinsk presented the play "Diary of a 12-year-old"
- Ural landscapes at the exhibition "Influence of the Moon" in the vision of the artist V. Shamkin
- The competition "Scene 2013" is dedicated to the anniversary of the Chelyabinsk branch of STD
- The last love of the great adventurer in the play "The End of Casanova"
- "El alma es un ave del paraíso" - milagros de "lienzos de vidrio" del artista V. Anikeev
- Ritual.ru provides services to residents of Chelyabinsk
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!