Lithographs and engravings by M. K. Escher at an exhibition in the MMOMA Museum Automatic translate
MOSCOW. For the first time in the capital, a personal exhibition of the famous Dutch graphic artist Mariutz Cornelis Escher has been opened, the exhibition of which is located in the Moscow Museum of Modern Art. Until now, his work could only be seen in the Hermitage. Now more than a hundred works of the unique master of graphics can be seen in MMOMA until February 9th.
The exhibition will allow you to get acquainted with the work of Escher in detail, starting with his first printed work, presented by the book "St. Francis", published in 1922. Already in this book there are motifs that have become characteristic of later works created by the artist in adulthood.
Most of the graphics represent the Italian period, when traveling around various corners of this country, Escher in large numbers made sketches of landscapes, plants and insects. During the heyday of the artist’s talent (Dutch period), the artist created his best graphic works. Lithographs made in the 40-50s are also presented at the NV exhibition.
In addition to graphic works, visitors to the exhibition will also be able to get acquainted with archival photographs and films provided by the M.K. Escher Foundation, located in the Netherlands. Thanks to archival materials, visitors to the exhibition will be able not only to see the most famous works created by the world-famous graphic artist, but also get acquainted with the yoke of creativity “from the inside”.
Experts believe that Escher’s graphic work has become a major factor, influencing the emergence of modern design and animation in the usual form today. In his surrealistic lithographs, engravings, made on metal and wood, the artist explored the logic of space, ahead of his time.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Maurits Escher: Kunst nach Formel?
- Exhibition project for the anniversary of Boris Grebenshchikov opened in MMOMA
- "Nueva llegada" en el Museo de Arte Moderno de Moscú
- Igor Dryomin: Fragment of Infinity / Une fraction d’infini
- In MMOMA presented the exhibition of the artist from the USA Eduard Beckerman "Beyond Dreams"
- The American archive of Ilya Ilf is open to the public
- Igor Dryomin: MMOMA
- "Theater - territory of freedom" - the work of the artist Vasily Shukhaev at an exhibition in Magadan
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!