Creativity of Nicholas Roerich presented the Russian Museum Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. On April 9, an exhibition dedicated to the 140th anniversary of Nikolai Roerich, a famous artist, philosopher and writer, was opened in the Benois Wing of the St. Petersburg Russian Museum. The exposition of the opened exhibition consists of works performed by the master until 1945.
According to the organizers of the exhibition, a retrospective of the artist’s works presents paintings related to the “Russian period” of Nicholas Roerich’s work, supplemented by easel paintings and field studies made during travels in India that took place in the 30-40s of the last century.
The sketches written by the artist during the Indian period of the life of Nicholas Roerich were transferred to the Russian Museum by the scientist Yuri Roerich, the eldest son of the master, in 1960. The collection of the Russian Museum contains about 430 works by Nicholas Roerich, which is the largest collection of paintings by the artist. It presents all the stages of the work of Nicholas Roerich.
In addition to the works stored in the Russian Museum, the exhibition includes the artist’s works provided for the exhibition by the Tretyakov Gallery, the Peterhof Museum, as well as the I.-Brodsky Museum-Apartment. At the exhibition you can see works written by Nicholas Roerich, trained at the Academy of Arts.
The organizers of the exhibition provided the visitors of the exhibition with a unique opportunity to see the painting "Sadko", which is rarely exhibited due to its solid size, as well as the picturesque series "The Athletic Frieze", of which this canvas is a part. The paintings of Nicholas Roerich, created during the life of the artist after 1918, during his life outside Russia, are presented in sufficient volume.
You can get acquainted with the work of Nicholas Roerich until the end of May.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Peace through Culture" - the second exhibition of the festival project is opened in Irkutsk
- The works of Nicholas Roerich from the collection of the Russian Museum arrived in Samara
- Pictures of Nicholas Roerich from the Russian Museum arrived at an exhibition in Kazan
- Exhibition in memory of the young artist Sasha Putrya, opened at the Museum of N. Roerich
- Cultural and educational free lecture program "N.K. Roerich and S.N Roerich - the space of creativity"
- Programa de conferencias culturales y educativas gratuitas "Académico NK Roerich - artista, científico, pensador"
- Inauguración de una visita virtual al Museo público que lleva el nombre de NK Roerich
- Opening of the exhibition of Lyubov Talimonova at the Roerichs International Memorial Trust
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!