The cycle of paintings "Kulikovo Field" created by Ilya Glazunov was brought to Chelyabinsk from the Tula Museum Automatic translate
CHELYABINSK. The Museum of Fine Arts on October 12 presented to the public an exposition of works from the cycle created by Ilya Glazunov, known as the “Kulikovo Field”. In total, the cycle, over which the USSR people’s artist worked for many years, included about thirty works. Chelyabinsk citizens will be able to see 22 paintings.
The works housed in the museum’s art gallery were delivered to Chelyabinsk from Tula, where they are in the collection of the regional art museum, which is also a local history museum. The transfer of this cycle of paintings to the Tula Museum is not accidental.
The reason for the appearance in Tula of works dedicated to the Battle of Kulikovo is significant - it is on the territory of the Tula region that the place of the historical battle of the Russian army with the Tatar-Mongol warriors is located. The Ministry of Culture of the RSFSR acquired these paintings in 1982 from the author, and then they were transferred to the Tula Museum.
Glazunov began work on the paintings of the Kulikovo Field cycle in the 60s after studying chronicles and legends in which, according to the artist, the truth of life was added, supplemented by legends. With his works, Ilya Glazunov wanted to give our contemporaries the opportunity to get in touch with the events of the era that has become the great past of our country, to feel the connection of generations.
Galina Medvedeva, curator of the exhibition, said that work on the placement of paintings was difficult. Since the works tell about historical events, each of them should be allocated a place in such a way that a logical narrative is obtained. During the exhibition, there will be many educational excursions.
Such excursions will cause interest, both among connoisseurs of painting, and among connoisseurs of history.
You can visit the exhibition at the ChGMI until December 13.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Residents of Veliky Novgorod for the first time get acquainted with the work of Ilya Glazunov
- A collection of diaries of children who survived the war
- The opened exhibition of paintings by Pavel Ryzhenko, dedicated to the history of the country
- In Kolomenskoye presented the work of the creative association "Steam Locomotive"
- In honor of the anniversary of the Academy of Arts, the exhibition "Steps of Excellence" has opened
- El "Campo Kulikovo" es una página importante en la historia rusa en los trabajos de Ilya Glazunov
- The art gallery on the walls of the Chelyabinsk Drama Theater. Orlova
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!