Dovlatov festival to be held in Estonia Automatic translate
TALLINN. In honor of the work of the Russian writer Sergei Dovlatov, the fourth Literary Festival will be held in the city. The famous author, whose name is associated with the United States and Russia, lived and worked in Tallinn for 3 years.
The Dovlatov festival will bring together literary scholars, writers, poets and journalists. One of the main guests of the literary event will be the editor-in-chief of the St. Petersburg magazine Zvezda and Andrei Aryev, a close friend of Dovlatov. Glavred plans to make a speech at the festival dedicated to Russian literature in exile about George Ivanov, Sergey Dovlatov and many other writers who have survived this difficult period in their lives. The event will be held at the House of the Union of Writers of Estonia.
Within the framework of the Literary Festival, supported by the Estonian State Fund for Culture Capital, guests will be shown the literary and musical performance “Cormorant, Samson and Delilah”, based on the novel “The Marble Swan” by Estonian writer Elena Skulskaya. The event was also decided to support the Estonian Writers’ Union, the Estonian Russian Theater, the publishing house SA Hortus Litterarum and the PR agency Corpore Diplomacy. The whole festival will be held in two languages - Russian and Estonian.
Recall that Sergei Donatovich Dovlatov was born in Ufa on September 3, 1941. Until his emigration in 1972, the writer lived mainly in Leningrad. In September 1972, Dovlatov emigrated to Estonia, where he lived until March 1975. To get a capital registration, the writer had to work as a fireman for 2 months, while he was also a freelance journalist for the newspaper Sovetskaya Estonia. Then Dovlatov was hired by the Estonian Sailor newspaper for the responsible position of secretary. However, he could not work there for a long time, because due to the persecution of the authorities, the writer had to emigrate to the United States in 1978, where he lived until the end of his days. In New York on August 24, 1990, Sergei Dovlatov died of heart failure.
Svetlana Korableva © Gallerix.ru
- Geschenk für "Tag D." von Freunden, St. Petersburg und Radio Liberty
- In the theater to them. Leningrad City Council said goodbye to a performance based on the novel by Sergei Dovlatov "Reserve"
- Resultados del festival Dovlatovsky "Reserva". Zona de compromiso
- Vorführung des Films "Dovlatov". 10+
- The magical power of art or friendly exchange years later
- Author’s cinema from Russia at the Tallinn Film Festival
- XI. Internationales Festival "PETERSBURG THEATER SEASON". Tallinn 2017
- El teatro ruso de Tallin llegó a Pskov con la actuación "Jugadores"