Five performances will be shown by artists of the Maly Theater on a tour in St. Petersburg Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. On the stage of the “Baltic House” on October 23, the ten-day tour of the Moscow Maly Theater begins with the performance of “Filumena Marturano”. Metropolitan actors brought five performances to St. Petersburg audiences, most of which were premieres. In order to enable more viewers to get acquainted with the work of the Maly Theater, each of the performances will be shown twice.
The theater-goers of the city are most interested in the play “Filumena Marturano”, the premiere of which the residents of the capital saw only last week. The author of the play, written by Eduardo de Filippo, a classic of modern drama, was his fellow countryman, Stefano de Luco. He is the director of the Piccollo Theater in Milan.
The plot of this play is well known to the audience in the famous film “Marriage in Italian”, where the main characters were played by Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni. Petersburg theatergoers will see an Italian couple in the performance of a star duet - the roles of Domenico and Filumena are performed by Irina Muravyova and Yuri Solomin. The premiere of the play, telling about love and problems of age, was received with enthusiasm by Moscow spectators. Now it’s the turn of the audience of St. Petersburg.
Another stellar duet will be seen by the audience in the play The Queen of Spades staged by Andrei Zhitinkin. The main roles in it are played by Vera Vasilieva and Boris Klyuyev. For the first time in St. Petersburg, the Maly Theater will present the performance "Stepanchikovo Village…", where the best actors of the young generation play. The story of Dostoevsky was put on stage by director Anton Yakovlev.
At the end of the tour, the artists of the Maly Theater will show “Dowry”, staged by Yuri Solomin, as well as the comedy based on the play by Emil Zol “The Heirs of Raburden”, read by Vladimir Beilis.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The Baltic House Theater has begun a new, anniversary season
- The theater festival "Meetings in Russia" for the eighteenth time opened in St. Petersburg
- Das Baltic House Theatre traf sich mit Journalisten in Form einer Exkursion
- En Baltic House, el director Anatoly Praudin presentó la solución experimental de la obra de teatro de Chéjov "Tío Vanya"
- At the opening of the Baltic House festival, a symphony dedicated to the anniversary of the theater forum was performed
- Artists from Vladimir show historical drama in Baltic House
- Macbeth Premiere at The Baltic House - Luke Perceval’s debut in Russia
- The Baltic House Festival, which opened for the 24th time, is dedicated to the anniversary of Shakespeare