In the theater "Romen" the premiere of the play "Bells of Love" based on the novel by Hugo Automatic translate
MOSCOW. The Gypsy Theater "Romen" on December 27 showed the audience a new work by director Georgy Zhemchuzhny - the premiere of "The Bells of Love." Georgy Zhemchuzhny presented his stage reading of the famous novel Notre Dame de Paris.
This novel by Victor Hugo has been repeatedly filmed; there is an opera version and a libretto written for the ballet. However, in each piece, the emphasis was on the love story of a street dancer and a bell ringer. Georgy Zhemchuzhny turned to another line of the novel - the story of a nomadic people became the center of the play.
Before starting work, the director carefully studied the Hugo novel and discovered a mistake in its numerous on-screen and stage incarnations. It turns out that the beautiful Esmeralda is French in her origin, not a gypsy. In infancy, she was replaced by a gypsy named Quasimodo.
The novel takes place half a century after the start of the Great Gypsy Campaign in Western Europe. History says that gypsies appeared in Paris in 1417, arousing genuine interest in the townspeople’s lifestyle, musical and dance talents.
Although Georgy Zhemchuzhny staged the play as the story of a gypsy people, he could not do without a love line. The performance became a real New Year’s gift to the theater fans - a lot of musical numbers, dances performed by the whole troupe of the theater. Esmeralda’s dance, filled with passion, dressed in a bright scarlet dress, did not leave the audience sitting in the hall indifferent.
The performance includes risky tricks masterfully performed by actors. The play “The Bells of Love” became an opportunity for the audience to plunge into the atmosphere of the holiday created on the stage of the famous Romen Theater.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "¡Hola, Pushkin!" - en el repertorio del Teatro Romen ha aparecido una nueva actuación dedicada al gran poeta
- "Chica con un pendiente de perlas" de Tracy Chevalier, resumen
- Theater "Romen" at the festival will show what the "Gypsy Paradise" looks like
- "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" by Victor Hugo, summary
- Erinnerungen von Nina Kandinsky über ihren Ehemann, ihre Zeit und ihr Schicksal
- Exhibition "Images and Fantasies"
- Gypsy motifs by the artist Nikolai Karpecki in the gallery "H.L.A.M."
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!