Othello performance in Omsk Youth Theater, metropolitan directors Automatic translate
OMSK. On May 16, the Omsk Youth Theater hosted the premiere of the performance “Othello”, which the theater-goers talked about during the staging process. The interest in the production was due to the fact that the theater’s artistic director Vladimir Zolotar invited such a team of directors to work that any metropolitan theater can be proud of.
The music of the composer Olga Shaidullina is accompanied by productions of the country’s famous theaters. Now it will sound on the stage of the Omsk Youth Theater, filling the performance with original musical accompaniment. According to Shaidullina herself, working with a director like Zolotar requires an original approach to the musical design of the play.
In Othello, not only music created by the composer sounds. It also includes Russian folk songs, and Desdemona’s final song sounds in English. The performance involves a wind quintet, included in the events taking place on the stage.
The artist Mikhail Kukushkin, the former Golden Mask Award nominee, decided not to remind the audience of Venice where the tragedy occurred while developing the scenography. The audience saw army everyday life, characters dressed in overcoats and boots, a tower and hammocks on a banked platform.
In this harsh male life, Desdemona appears in the performance of the actress of the Youth Theater Irina Kolomiyets. Bright, fragile, but at the same time quite strong woman. Not everyone is able against the will of their parents to go for a loved one.
A huge role in creating the play belongs to the lighting designer Denis Solntsev. A Petersburg specialist has experience working with renowned theater directors.
Before the premiere, the audience got the opportunity to hear Shakespeare’s sonnets accompanied by modern music. They were performed by actors of the Youth Theater.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Othello" by William Shakespeare, summary
- The performance of Yuri Butusov “Othello” in “Satyricon” opened a new season
- Vilnius Maly Theater opened the Academy festival in Omsk
- Romeo and Juliet from military Prague on the stage of the Omsk Musical Theater
- Omsk was the first of the cities of Siberia where the Russian drama theater from Riga visited
- Omsk "Fifth Theater" premiered the play "Survival Games"
- Participants of the festival "Habitat" are ready to show their work to the audience
- In the Omsk Youth Theater they will show the audience a play by the German author "Foxes Have Long Noses"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!