The Metropolitan Theater of Satire celebrated its anniversary with the performance "Sad but Funny" Automatic translate
MOSCOW. The ninetieth anniversary of the famous Satire Theater was marked on October 1 by the premier of a parody performance staged by Alexander Shirvindt in collaboration with Yuri Vasiliev. “Sad, but funny” - under this name they presented the audience with a creative biography of the theater, which began in 1924 with the production of director David Gutman’s “Moscow from a Point of View”. The authors of the texts of the play were Nikolai Erdman and Victor Tipot.
The festive premiere used excerpts from the best comedy performances, once included in the repertoire of the theater, in an updated reading, the songs that adorned the famous productions. For the songs, the creators of the first performance wrote new songs. Over the ninety years of its work, the Satire Theater has presented viewers with more than three hundred productions.
Each of the premieres became an event in theatrical life, gathering a full audience. After the premiere, the performance continued its life for more than one year, and the audience at the entrance continued to ask "an extra ticket." Many performances from the repertoire of the Satire Theater replenished the gold fund of Russian theater art.
For many years, starting in 1950, the head of the theater was Valentin Pluchek, who gathered in a troupe of brilliant artists. The most difficult year in the life of the theater was the year 1987, when almost simultaneously, with a difference of 10 days, there were no two leading actors - Papanov and Mironov. It was impossible to replace them in 13 performances that left the theater’s repertoire.
Later, new actors appeared in the theater, young people appeared on the stage. Now in the Satire Theater premieres appear every month, and sometimes even more often. Theatergoers who did not attend the premiere of the festival should not be upset. The play “Sad but Funny” will be included in the repertoire of the theater. Next time it will be shown on October 7th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Alexander Shirvindt told media representatives about the theater’s plans for the next season
- Metropolitan Satire Theater prepares for the anniversary review "Sad, but funny"
- Satire Theater opens the new season with a performance staged by V. Pluchek
- Nikas Safronov besuchte die Eröffnung seiner Ausstellung in Kirov
- La obra "El viejo y el mar" dirigida por Anatoly Vasilyev completó el Festival de Chéjov
- Paralela inexistencia de vida de Anatoly Vasiliev
- In Kaliningrad, opened the anniversary festival of youth theaters "Equinox - 2016"
- In St. Petersburg at the Mikhailovsky Theater, the premiere of the new production of the ballet "Corsair"