Smolensk celebrates the anniversary of writer Boris Vasiliev Automatic translate
SMOLENSK. Writer Boris Vasilyev, born in Smolensk, the author of remarkable works devoted to the military generation and pressing social topics of our time, would be ninety years old on May 21 this year. On this day, several important events took place in the city dedicated to the memory of Boris Vasiliev, for his work he was awarded the title of Honorary Citizen of Smolensk.
On the building where school number 13 was previously located, where the writer studied, a memorial plaque is now installed. Taking part in the opening ceremony, Alexei Ostrovsky, the governor of the region, said that Boris Vasiliev is a symbol of conscience and kindness, honor and dignity. The author of the memorial plaque was the sculptor Peter Fishman, who won the competition.
The ceremony was attended by guests from the capital - the head of Moscow writers Sergey Filatov and actress Alina Pokrovskaya, who played the main role in the film "Officers". A little later in the square, located on Tukhachevsky Street, another celebration took place. There appeared a bust of the writer, made by the sculptor Valery Grashchenkov.
Representatives of the theater world celebrated the anniversary of their famous countryman. In Smolensk, starting on May 21, the theater festival takes place. All performances participating in this theater forum are staged based on the works of B. Vasiliev.
The first to present his work was the Bryansk Youth Theater. Actors from Bryansk brought the play according to one of the most piercing novels of the writer - "And the dawns here are quiet." The next day, May 22, students of the Smolensk Institute of Arts on their stage showed a production based on Vasiliev’s tale of the first days of the war - “Not Listed”. The festival will end with the performance of Smolensk artists “Tomorrow was the war”.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Nikas Safronov besuchte die Eröffnung seiner Ausstellung in Kirov
- La obra "El viejo y el mar" dirigida por Anatoly Vasilyev completó el Festival de Chéjov
- Paralela inexistencia de vida de Anatoly Vasiliev
- In Kaliningrad, opened the anniversary festival of youth theaters "Equinox - 2016"
- In St. Petersburg at the Mikhailovsky Theater, the premiere of the new production of the ballet "Corsair"
- "Fatal Attraction" at the Satire Theater - a gift for the upcoming anniversary for the People’s Artist of the USSR Vera Vasilyeva
- The Metropolitan Theater of Satire celebrated its anniversary with the performance "Sad but Funny"
- Exposición de Alexei Vasiliev "Aferrarse a los términos de referencia"