In Baltic House, director Anatoly Praudin presented the experimental stage solution of Chekhov’s play “Uncle Vanya” Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. On December 2, director Anatoly Praudin presented his new production to the audience on the experimental stage of The Baltic House. This time, Praudin turned to Chekhov. The plot of the classic play “Uncle Vanya”, read by Anatoly Praudin, turned into the story of its creation, played out in acting sketches. On the playbill of the play, the subtitle “The actor’s work on the role” was added to the familiar title of the play.
Creating an unusual “Uncle Vanya”, the director tries to reveal the biographies of the characters of the play and the circumstances of their life, indicated by the classic in the text of the play with only hints. In his production, Praudin, together with the participants in the play, thinks out the events that happened with the characters of the play, but does not hide them in the subtext, but displays them on the stage, thereby allowing viewers to enter the creative process.
The Chekhov text is supplemented by replicas born by actors during rehearsals of the play. Now the audience will see on the stage the story of the acquaintance of Elena Andreevna and Professor Serebryakova, they will learn about the technical discoveries made by Dr. Astrov.
The secret of the recipe for the nanny of Marina, according to which she cooks her famous noodles, will become known to the audience. The role of Marina’s nanny is performed by Irina Sokolova. People’s Artist of Russia in late December to celebrate her anniversary.
Performed by the acting team of the director Anatoly Praudin, the well-known theater-goers Uncle Vanya turned into a fascinating modern story, born in the process of creating images of characters for artists. By showing the long-standing relationships between the characters in the play, the director helps viewers better understand the actions of Chekhov’s heroes.
In an unusual reading by Anatoly Proudin, "Uncle Vanya" did not become a very serious production - for a laugh in the hall of humor in it is enough.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The Baltic House Theater has begun a new, anniversary season
- The theater festival "Meetings in Russia" for the eighteenth time opened in St. Petersburg
- Das Baltic House Theatre traf sich mit Journalisten in Form einer Exkursion
- At the opening of the Baltic House festival, a symphony dedicated to the anniversary of the theater forum was performed
- Artists from Vladimir show historical drama in Baltic House
- Macbeth Premiere at The Baltic House - Luke Perceval’s debut in Russia
- Five performances will be shown by artists of the Maly Theater on a tour in St. Petersburg
- The Baltic House Festival, which opened for the 24th time, is dedicated to the anniversary of Shakespeare