Alexander Bourdonsky presented at the TSATRA the premiere of the play based on Chekhov’s early play, “This Mad Platonov” Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Alexander Bourdonsky on January 22 presented the audience the first premiere of the coming year. This time he again turned to the work of Chekhov. The “The Seagull”, staged by Bourdonsky, has become a new word among the many productions of Chekhov’s drama. The director’s new work was the play “This Mad Platonov”, staged by Bourdonsky based on Chekhov’s first play, written by him as a young man.
Under the title “Fatherless”, it was printed only in 1923, when the playwright was no more. It is amazing how accurate the observations of life the author used in his play, how vivid and recognizable the characters of her characters are. Even more surprisingly, Chekhov was only eighteen then.
The play, like most of Chekhov’s works, has been staged repeatedly in theaters. Interest in Chekhov’s work is still great. The reason for this interest is obvious - the characters of the characters described by the classic, to this day remain modern. Alexander Bourdonsky expressed the same opinion. He believes that the playwright was interested in what is the attitude of the characters in the play to the moral problems characteristic of their time.
According to the director, the Chekhov characters also live in an era of change. They do not yearn for lost ideals, but for new ones that have not yet been born. Chekhov does not divide the heroes of his works into good and bad. Therefore, all the events taking place around Platonov, the protagonist of the play, emphasize that he has no peace not from the envy of others, but from his conscience.
Alexander Burdonsky entrusted the performance of the role of Mikhail Platonov to Igor Marchenko, and the brilliant Lyudmila Chursina plays the role of the owner of the estate where the events of the play unfold. The author of the set design is Valery Fomin.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- La obra "El viejo y el mar" dirigida por Anatoly Vasilyev completó el Festival de Chéjov
- Woronesch Drama ihnen. Koltsova hat die Saison "Cherry Orchard" beendet
- Moscow Art Theater Chekhov brought to Yekaterinburg a great comedy - performance "Divas"
- In St. Petersburg began a tour of the theater. Chekhov from Riga
- In the Museum-Reserve "Melikhovo" showed the premiere of the play "Uncle Vanya"
- The international theater festival "Rainbow" has opened in St. Petersburg for the seventeenth time
- Chekhov Book Festival Ended
- "Everyone is lying!": NS Academy Mikhalkova and the Goslitmuseum will hold open lectures about Chekhov as part of the Metamorphoses festival