The Theater of Nations hosted the premiere of the play "Living Pictures" dedicated to the real heroes of the siege of Leningrad Automatic translate
MOSCOW. On February 28, the Theater of Nations presented a play based on the play “Living Pictures” written by the poet and prose writer Polina Barskova. After the publication of this play, the author received the Andrei Bely Prize - the most significant award of modern literature. The director Victor Alferov worked on the creation of the premiere, which was eagerly awaited in the capital’s theater world.
At a meeting with reporters, Viktor Alferov said that the idea of this production was born after meeting with the prose work of Polina Barskova. The writer now lives in the United States, but has been studying all the materials on the history of the siege of Leningrad for many years. After meeting and subsequent communication, the director turned to Polina Barskova with a request to create a play dedicated to the people of the besieged Leningrad.
The response to the request of Viktor Alferov was the play "Living Pictures", born by the writer. There are no invented characters in this play, only real stories are told. Sometimes they seem so incredible that Polina Barskova defined the genre of her work - “Document-Tale”.
The play created by Viktor Alferov, telling the love story of young people - an artist and a girl art critic in blockade time, became a monument to all the blockades. This story takes place within the walls of the Hermitage, where museum staff continued their scientific work daily without heat and light.
Among them were people who came to life on stage in the play "Living Pictures". The artist Moses Waxer, a student at the Academy of Arts, defended his diploma during the blockade, but did not survive this terrible time. Antonina Izergina, art critic of the Hermitage and Anna Pavlovna, museum keeper. These amazing people heroically preserve the beautiful for the future.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Fearlessness in search of the truth and nonparticipation in the "Great Madness"
- Denis Bokuradze, head of the Novokuybyshevsky Theater "Gran", was invited to the theater of nations to stage the play
- The NET festival opened on the stage of the Theater of Nations with the performance "Earth" performed by artists from Belgium
- The winner of the festival in Kolomna will show his work at the Theater of Nations
- Theater of Nations began touring in St. Petersburg with the performance "Hamlet. Collage"
- Premiere of the solo performance "Hamlet. Collage" at the Theater of Nations
- Winners of the Provincial Theater Festival at the Theater of Nations
- Theater of Nations unveils original Shakespeare play
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!
You cannot comment Why?