Firefighters saved the Assumption of the Virgin Mary Automatic translate
The pearl of Italian Baroque, Guido Reni’s painting, “Assumption of the Virgin Mary” (La asunción de la Virgen), was in the church of Santa Maria Maggiore, in Bologna, which suffered May 29 from an earthquake in Italy. Just a few kilometers away was the grave of the famous artist. The walls of the church suffered so much that today it was decided to transfer the unique artwork to the Bargellini Museum.
“The building was seriously damaged by an earthquake, which led to the collapse of its dome. Rescue operations were successful and took a little more than five hours, ”the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage said in an official statement.
This afternoon, firefighters and carabinieri also removed a wooden crucifix from the damaged temple, which is approximately 1300 years old. Tomorrow, another masterpiece will be removed from the wreckage of the church - the Guercino painting “The Annunciation” (Anunciación), painted in 1646.
Two earthquakes struck Italy, killing 29 people and causing damage estimated at 5,000 million euros. The damage to the cultural heritage of the country is enormous, temples and basilicas, popular throughout the imra, including the San Antonio Basilica, visited by hundreds of thousands of tourists every year, were seriously damaged or completely destroyed.
- Art biblique: images illustrant la Bible chrétienne
- "Im Kampf um das Rote Tor und den Ochotny Ryad. Pjotr Baranowski und Moskau"
- "Aquarell". Ausstellung von Werken von Eleanor Zharenova
- Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio (1571-1610)
- Canvas Matisse returns to Venezuela 10 years after the theft
- Museum of London discovered an unknown painting by Murillo
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!