In Zurich, found a new Goya Automatic translate
Goya’s early religious work of 80 years sagged unrecognized in a private collection. In September, he will be sold at the Koller auction in Zurich.
Goya’s paintings are rare: only ten of them have been put up for auction over the past 20 years. And such early works as this one, dating from the second half of the 1770s, are an unheard of rarity.
The canvas depicts a biblical scene - Lot and his daughters. It was written when Goya designed wall tapestries for the royal palaces of El Pardo and El Escorial. The painting was in the Bilbao collection until the twenties of the last century, after which it left Spain and came to its current owner.
The national value of this painting is so great that, if it were still in Spain, they simply would not have been given the right to export it. At the same time, Goya’s religious subjects are not as popular as his portraits or bullfighting scenes sold for millions. Recently found canvas is estimated at only 495-660 thousand euros.
The picture will be put up for auction on September 4, together with canvases by modern European expressionists.
- A unique exhibition of engravings by Goya and Dali was opened at the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts
- A new study put the witches of Goya in the correct order
- Goya’s fake painting was sold for fake money
- Gehört der Koloss Goya? Die Debatte geht weiter
- "Red Gate / Against the Current" in Saratov: Project Manager and K.S. Petrov-Vodkin Prize Winners Awarded
- The play "Muses of Resistance: The Fragile Voice of the Unyielding City". Dedication to the artists of the besieged Leningrad
- Exhibition of one painting by Konstantin Fedorovich Yuon (1875 - 1958) "In the provinces. City of Torzhok"
- Sergey Piskunov - creator of realistic underwater paintings