Museum of History and Art robbed in Vyazniki Automatic translate
BARRIERS. On Sunday evening, an incident occurred in the city of Vyazniki, Vladimir Region, analogues of which do not often happen in our country. About 23 hours from the local Museum of History and Art, three masked men stole three paintings by famous Russian artists.
The robbers hid in the museum building in the evening. After linking an elderly female watchman, they took pictures, but at the time they left the museum an alarm system worked. Despite the fact that the police station is a short drive from the old mansion, where the museum is located, the attackers managed to escape.
Among the abducted Ivan Shishkin’s painting “Forest. Spruce ", the work of Stanislav Zhukovsky" The First Snow "and" Fisherman "by Konstantin Korovin. These works in the exposition of the Vyaznikovsky Museum are one of the most valuable. So, according to rough estimates, a picture of Korovin can cost more than 1 million US dollars, Shishkin - 400-500 thousand, and Zhukovsky - about 100-200 thousand dollars. However, according to experts, it is impossible to sell these paintings, even abroad. Most likely, they will "settle" in someone else’s private collections.
Vyaznikovsky Museum of History and Art was opened in 1919. The basis of his exposition is paintings and artistic values from the collection of local industrialist Sergei Senkov. Police officials have so far declined to comment in detail on the case. At the scene, a task force is working. As it became known, the decision to institute criminal proceedings and their qualifications in accordance with the Criminal Code will be made after the museum staff provide evidence of the artistic value of the stolen paintings.
Anna Sidorova © Gallerix.ru
- "Russian Dreams" by George Shishkin at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- An exhibition dedicated to the anniversary of Ivan Shishkin opened at the Museum of Fine Arts in Izhevsk
- The finale of a prestigious music competition in Belgium will be adorned with a performance by a Russian pianist
- Chopin con acento coreano. La victoria del prodigio musical en la competencia en Varsovia
- The project "Your Favorite Artists" brought landscapes of I. I. Shishkin to Rybinsk
- El museo de Kostroma inauguró una exposición de su compatriota, el "Rey de las acuarelas" del siglo XIX.
- Obras raras de Shishkin en el Museo de Arte de Tatarstán
- Ivan Shishkin y su círculo de arte