"Russian Dreams" by George Shishkin at an exhibition in the Russian Museum Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The inhabitants of St. Petersburg and its guests had a unique opportunity to visit the exhibition of the artist Georgy Shishkin, whose personal exhibition opened on June 28 at the Russian Museum. The exposition, which included about 50 paintings, was located in the halls of the Engineering Castle.
Recently, many works have been written in prestigious magazines about the work of Georgy Shishkin, who has lived and worked outside of Russia for many years. Most of the articles on the artist’s work were written by serious art analysts. However, it is not enough to read about the artist’s work, his skill and innovation. Articles from the most famous art critics cannot be a substitute for even a single meeting with the master’s works.
The artist and architect Georgy Shishkin studied at the Ural State Academy of Arts, where then for ten years, until 1988, he worked as a teacher of drawing and painting. In 1985, he became a member of the USSR Union of Artists. The artist experimented a lot in his work, using a variety of painting techniques.
As a result of his searches, George Shishkin preferred to write with pastel, and for the better preservation of his works he began to use the method of preparing the foundation he had invented. This original method guaranteed strong adhesion of the pattern to the base, did not allow it to crumble. Thanks to his invention, the artist was able to paint large formats for pastel techniques.
Visitors to the museum will see works included in the main artistic cycles of George Shishkin. The exhibition includes paintings depicting the artists of the Russian ballet Diaghilev, historical subjects, portraits of famous artists of the world. A special place is given to the cycle “Russian Dreams”, which glorified the artist in the 90s.
The exhibition of George Shishkin is open until the end of July.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Drei große Porträtmaler" aus der Sammlung des Russischen Museums werden den Bewohnern von Murmansk vorgestellt
- The Russian Museum presented visitors the exhibition "Vasily Kandinsky and Russia"
- "Ostroumova-Lebedeva - artist and collector" - a new exhibition in the Russian Museum
- Im Russischen Museum wurde eine große Ausstellung zur Zeit Peters des Großen eröffnet
- Im Belgorod Art Museum wurde eine Ausstellung mit Werken russischer Maler gezeigt - "Ein Jahrhundert des Bindens"
- The exhibition "Russia. Realism. XXI Century", presented in the Russian Museum, demonstrates the work of young artists
- "Family Portrait" - artists of the XVIII-XX centuries at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- The Russian Museum celebrated the anniversary of Vasily Vereshchagin with a large-scale exhibition
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!