Exhibition at the Russian Museum - the work of the artist Oleg Krotkov for 50 years Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The Russian Museum in the exhibition halls of the Stroganov Palace on November 6 presented an exhibition of paintings by Oleg Krotkov, a talented artist who left Russia in 1992. In the spring of this year, Oleg Krotkov passed away, so the opening exhibition, which provided an opportunity for lovers of pictorial art to get to know all the stages of the master’s work in detail, became a tribute to his memory.
The exhibition includes works by the artist, starting from the 50s and including the beginning of the 90s. Over the years, Oleg Krotkov has gone from the compositions written in the traditions of socialist realism to the romantic avant-garde. In his legacy there are canvases written on industrial subjects. Later plots turned to biblical themes of fantasy and philosophy. The painter also turned to the genre of still life.
Depending on the plot displayed on the canvas, the style of Oleg Krotkov’s painting could change radically. His canvases could be laconic, written in a harsh manner, and after them paintings appeared gently transparent, resembling images painted in watercolor. Art historians note that in all the canvases made by the artist, his readiness for creative experiments is clearly visible.
The original painting style, developed by Oleg Krotkov, allowed the artist to create the illusion of movement, emotionally saturated color, on his canvases. Experts believe that Oleg Krotkov did not manage to gain wide fame and recognition during his life only because his painting did not fit the criteria of any of the fashionable categories, and the artist did not have the desire to please fashion.
You can get to know the amazing world created by Oleg Krotkov until January 13, 2014.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Igor Dryomin: "Cubofuturism. Back to the Future" by Vasily Krotkov
- Igor Dryomin: “One Hundred Hours of Travel” Vasily Krotkov
- Vasily Krotkov. Russian post-cubofuturism
- Igor Dryomin: exposición individual de Vasily Krotkov "Sección de bronce"
- Persönliche Ausstellung von Wassili Krotkow "Territorium der Reflexionen"
- Zukunft in der Vergangenheit. Persönliche Ausstellung von Wassili Krotkow
- Igor Dryomin: Vasily Krotkov
- An exhibition of paintings by Silver Stallone has opened at the Russian Museum
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!