"Through the Ages" - an exhibition of the work of artist Sergei Lazarev is open at the Central House of Artists Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Visitors to the exhibition halls of the Central House of Artists are waiting for the exhibition, opened on April 29, dedicated to the work of the artist Sergei Lazarev, who became the founder of the Lazarev dynasty, people whose life also began to belong to art. The exhibition, called “Through the Ages”, became a tribute not only to the artist, whose skill was not fully appreciated during his lifetime, but to an entire generation of talented people who could not benefit from their talent.
The name of Sergei Lazarev, who gave birth to the famous actor Alexander Lazarev, is known only to a narrow circle of connoisseurs of pictorial art. His paintings were not appreciated during his life. As they say now, they were "not in the format" of official art. Although organized in Leningrad, two personal exhibitions of Sergei Lazarev (1973 and 1980), received positive feedback from the press, he was not accepted into the Union of Artists.
The opened exhibition was created thanks to the artist’s family, who decided in this way to show the public the work of the author, who was underestimated during his lifetime and did not receive fame worthy of his talent. After receiving an art education, he worked in an art factory, where he painted custom paintings. These were the works for which they paid their salaries - historical and political subjects, portraits of leaders.
Only at home, in a cramped communal apartment, were paintings painted "for the soul". One of the rooms served as a workshop where Sergey Lazarev created paintings that were severe in appearance but full inside of sincere lyricism. The artist’s creativity was highly appreciated by Pavel Filonov, whom Lazarev met when he was actively experimenting with the art form, while remaining a realist in painting.
The exhibition will be open on May 11th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Japanese painting at the exhibition "The Elusive World. From Edo to Tokyo" in the Rostov Museum of Fine Arts
- At the Samara Drama Theater, the premiere of the play "There Was War Tomorrow"
- Festival "Pushkin in Britain" ended with the victory of Galina Lazareva from Australia
- Ausstellung der klassischen sowjetischen Fotografie Leonid Lazarev "Ich lebe zweimal"
- Exhibition of the Honored Artist of the RSFSR Vladimir Nekrasov opened at the Central House of Artists
- In the Central House of Artists, two painting exhibitions dedicated to the Crimea are open
- "Melodies of the native land" was presented at the Central House of Artists by artist Elnur Rasulov
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!