In Petrozavodsk will see portraits of the Pushkin era from the museum to them. A.S. Pushkin Automatic translate
PETROZAVODSK. On September 5, a unique exhibition was opened at the Museum of Fine Arts, which is part of a large project developed by the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Pushkin. Thanks to this project, residents of many cities of Russia were given the opportunity to see part of the collections stored in the collections of the Pushkin Museum.
Museum them. Pushkin collected in his collections more than 158 thousand valuable exhibits. A considerable part of this wealth is portraiture. Starting from the second half of the 18th century, ending with the middle of the 19th century, this painting genre was the leading one in the fine arts of that time.
Since from the first years of its work the museum’s activity was devoted to the coverage of the life of A. Pushkin and his contemporaries, his staff constantly replenished the museum’s collection with portraits of people who lived at the same time as the Poet. Therefore, the basis of the portrait painting collection was portraits with images of representatives of the Pushkin era.
The exposition includes portraits made by both Russian and foreign artists. Many names of the creators of ceremonial and chamber portraits of the Russian nobility are well known to connoisseurs of painting, but some of the authors of the works presented at the exhibition have remained unknown.
Images of persons represented in portraits are very diverse in composition. Next to the portraits of statesmen and military figures, canvases were placed on which you can see the beauties of Moscow and St. Petersburg, belonging to famous noble families. For many visitors to the exhibition, portraits will be interesting, which depict women who have become a source of inspiration for Pushkin. Many portraits were transferred to the museum from family collections.
You can see this rare exhibition until November 23rd.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Severe tenderness of watercolors" - exhibition of A. Kashtanov in the museum of Petrozavodsk
- The exhibition of paintings in Petrozavodsk collected canvases of four artists
- The exhibition of the national artist of Karelia Mikhail Yufa is open in Petrozavodsk
- Two premieres in one evening took place in theaters of Petrozavodsk
- Cloths of Konstantin Korovin from the collection of the Russian Museum temporarily moved to Petrozavodsk
- Theater "Creative Workshop" will celebrate its anniversary all season
- At a meeting at the National Theater of Karelia, they talked about a trip to Vologda
- An exhibition of watercolors by Anna Mikhailova "GeoGraphics" has opened in the art gallery "Doll House"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!