In the Irkutsk Museum. Sukachev presented the exhibition "Unplayed Violin" dedicated to the 110th anniversary of the artist Alexei Zhibinov Automatic translate
IRKUTSK. Two floors of the building of the Gallery of Siberian Art, part of the Irkutsk Museum named after Sukacheva, allocated for the exhibition "Unplayed violin". Such a symbolic name was given to a large-scale exhibition dedicated to the 110th anniversary of Alexei Zhibinov, a talented artist with a tragic fate.
The exhibition, which opened on November 26, features 92 works by the artist belonging to different periods of his work. This is only part of the work of Alexei Zhibinov stored in the museum. Before entering the museum, the artist’s works were with his heirs, where storage conditions were unsuitable for painting.
Many paintings required restoration, so it took more than a month to prepare for the opening of the exhibition. During this time, the restoration of the museum several dozen paintings cleaned from surface contamination and strengthened the layer of paints on them. In the course of these works, museum staff made several discoveries.
It turned out that the work presented in the catalogs as “Silent Violin”, the author gave a different name. On the back of the canvas was found an inscription - “Unplayed violin”. And note is the last work. By writing this picture, the author completed his creative and life journey. Alexander Gimelshtein, Director General of the Irkutsk Museum, it was decided to include the picture in the exhibition under the author’s name, and to present the memorial exhibition under the name “Unplayed violin”.
Alexey Zhibinov tragically passed away when he was not yet fifty years old. The reason for leaving was the non-recognition and harsh criticism of his work. Throughout his life, the artist did not have a single solo exhibition. The artist cannot write his works “on the table”, and this led to the tragedy.
The exhibition is open until December 22.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The masterpieces of the museum will become closer to visitors with disabilities
- About 300 drawings by Alexei Zhibinov replenished the funds of the Irkutsk Art Museum
- The study of early drawings by Alexei Zhibinov in the Irkutsk Art Museum
- Preparation for the exhibition of works by Alexei Zhibinov at the Irkutsk Art Museum is nearing completion
- Orientalischer Kalender - Grafiken von taiwanesischen Künstlern im Irkutsk Museum
- In the museum to them. Sukachev opened an exhibition of Ivan Blokhin, a famous painter from Chita
- "Boris Lebedinsky. Painting, Graphics" - an exhibition in the Museum. Sukacheva
- Anniversary exhibition of the artist Nikolai Tarasik in the Irkutsk Art Museum
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!