In Volgograd, an exhibition of the works of Ilya Mashkov "Defenders of the Motherland ..." on the 135th anniversary of the artist Automatic translate
VOLGOGRAD. In the museum to them. Mashkov opened the exhibition "Defenders of the Motherland…". Her exposition consists of the works of the artist, whose name is the Volgograd Museum of Fine Arts. Its grand opening took place on Victory Day. Museum staff timed the beginning of the exhibition to the anniversary of Ilya Mashkov, whose 135th anniversary is celebrated this year.
The exhibition includes portraits painted by the artist in the technique of painting and graphics during 1942-1944. About 50 portraits are part of the works performed by Ilya Mashkov near Moscow, in military hospitals. For the artist, they were preparing to create a large compositional canvas, "In the Hospital," which was never written by the artist.
However, thanks to these works, today’s art lovers have the opportunity to get acquainted with the little-studied stage of the work of a famous artist. At this time, the artist was already not young (He was 60 years old in the first war year). Work on the creation of portraits of people whose lives were scorched by the war became extremely important for Ilya Mashkov.
Documentary portraits created at a time when the idea of the price of human life has changed dramatically, made in a strict and restrained manner. In each of the portraits made by Ilya Mashkov during these years, one can clearly see the artist’s desire to capture the individuality of each of the heroes of his works.
The works of Ilya Mashkov, created in the war years, convey the author’s alarming attitude. Painted in hard form, portraits emphasize the qualities that are valuable to the artist - will, courage and confident power. In the drawings, written in hospitals, the artist used the most complex technique, often combining several materials, paying attention to the smallest details.
The exhibition is open until July 25.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- A unique exhibition of tactile paintings "See the invisible" in the museum to them. Mashkova
- Fund IN ARTIBUS presented the public exhibition "Late Mashkov"
- Im Wolgograder Museum. Mashkov offene Ausstellung - "Victor Kovalenko: Realismus und Realität"
- An exhibition "We invite you to visit" is open at the Museum of Fine Arts, which is a collection of paintings by the Mashkov family
- Vladimir Mashkov präsentierte eine aktualisierte Version des Stücks "Nr. 13"
- "Women’s Look" - an exhibition of artists of the 80s in the Volgograd Museum
- Still life of Ilya Mashkov sold for a record amount
- Igor Dryomin: "En el río del tiempo". Exposición de obras de Igor Mashkov