In Volgograd, an exhibition of Ilya Mashkov’s art ’Defenders of the Motherland ...’ was opened for the artist’s 135-children Automatic translate
VOLGOGRAD. In the museum. Mashkova opened the exhibition «Defenders of the Motherland...». Its exposition consists of works of the artist, whose name is the Volgograd Museum of Fine Arts. Her solemn opening took place on Victory Day. The staff of the museum timed the beginning of the exhibition to the jubilee of Ilya Mashkov, whose 135th anniversary is celebrated this year.
The exposition includes portraits painted by the artist in the technique of painting and drawing during 1942-1944. About 50 portraits are part of the works performed by Ilya Mashkov near Moscow, in hospital woks. For the artist, they were the preparation for the creation of a large composite canvas «In the hospital,» and that was not written by the artist.
However, thanks to these works, today’s connoisseurs of art have the opportunity to get acquainted with the little-studied stage of the famous artist’s work. At this time the artist was already middle-aged (He was 60 years old in the first military year). The work on creating portraits of people whose lives were scorched by the war became extremely important for Ilya Mashkov.
Documentary portraits created at a time when the idea of the price of human life has radically changed was carried out in a strict and restrained manner. In each of the portraits performed by Ilya Mashkov in these years, the artist’s desire to capture the individuality of each of the heroes of his works is clearly seen.
The works of Ilya Mashkov, created in the war years, convey the author’s uneasy attitude. Written in a rigid form, portraits emphasize valuable for the artist qualities - will, courage and confident strength. In the drawings written in hospitals, the artist used the most complicated technique, often combining several materials, paying attention to the smallest details.
The exhibition is open until 25 July.
- Una exposición única de pinturas táctiles ’Para ver lo invisible’ en el museo. Mashkova
- The IN ARTIBUS Foundation presented to the public the exhibition ’The Later Mashkov’
- In the Volgograd Museum. Mashkova opened the exhibition - ’Victor Kovalenko: Realism and Reality’
- In the Museum of Fine Arts, an exhibition ’We invite you to visit’ is open, presenting a collection of paintings of the Mashkov family
- Vladimir Mashkov presented the updated version of the play ’No. 13’
- "Women's View" - an exhibition of 80s artists in the Volgograd Museum
- Still life of Ilya Mashkov sold for a record amount
- Igor Dryomin: "On the river of time." Exhibition of works by Igor Mashkov