"Lenizdat" released a three-volume work of Joseph Brodsky, some of which is published in Russia for the first time Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. On the 20th anniversary of the death of Joseph Brodsky, a three-volume edition of his works, compiled by Igor Bulatovsky, was published.
There are many surprises for book lovers who will be able to purchase a new edition. New translations, “non-canonical” composition of works, some of which have not yet been published in our country. A significant part of the essays making up the first volume is written in English, including “One and a half rooms”. The language of the country, which allowed avoiding compulsory treatment from freethinking, which saved from prisons and exile, seemed to Brodsky more appropriate. Especially with regard to his parents, to whom the famous essay is dedicated. To write in a language native to those who twelve times refused the elderly father and mother the opportunity to see their boy expelled from the country. Parents who were not going to emigrate, dreaming of just staying a bit with their son at the time, when he was struck by another heart attack. The cell in which they remained hostages did not open even after their death.
Now Brodsky was forbidden to take his father and mother, who left each other, on their last journey. Therefore, English was chosen. Another option, according to Brodsky, would be humiliating. “One and a half rooms” are presented in a new translation from Maxim Nemtsov. In the West, the essay of the writer was rated very highly. As regards poetic works written in English, absolutely polar opinions were expressed. The essays were included in the second volume of the new edition along with his philosophical works and articles on history. It also published the text of Brodsky’s speech, delivered in 1987 at the Nobel Prize for Literature. It also sounded programmatic words about the inadmissibility of state intervention in the affairs of literature. Otherwise, literature is entitled to similar actions. The third volume is poetic. It also includes works published over the years by Ardis Publishing House, and is being published for the first time in Russia.
Fans of the work of Joseph Alexandrovich are eagerly awaiting the opening of the poet’s museum in the House of Muruzi (24 Liteiny Prospekt), where he lived before emigration. Lack of funds and other objective difficulties made it possible to open it only for a day, on Brodsky’s birthday. When it is possible to complete the repair lasting about 17 years and solve all the problems, it is unknown.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- Die Ursprünge des Genies oder die Geschichte einer großen Familie
- A priceless collection of manuscripts, letters, photographs of Brodsky will now be stored at Stanford
- Roman vacation Linor Goralik and Olya Kroytor as a gift from the Brodsky Foundation
- Actor, critic, director - new winners of the Brodsky on Ischia Prize
- Igor Dryomin: Romantic Realism. Soviet painting 1925-1945
- "El año en que nací" - bajo este nombre se mostró un boceto de la actuación. creado en el teatro para ellos. Volkova jóvenes directores metropolitanos
- Sobre Joseph Brodsky sin mitos, sinceramente, con amor
- "The shadows of the greats confuse me." Performance based on the Nobel speech of Joseph Brodsky (c)
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!