A priceless collection of manuscripts, letters, photographs of Brodsky will now be stored at Stanford Automatic translate
STANFORD. The extensive archive of Joseph Brodsky was bought by the Hoover Institute.
The Hoover Institute (Hoover Institution for War, Revolution and Peace) - one of the departments of Stanford University - was founded with the aim of preserving and studying documents related to the events of the First World War.
Nine decades later, the repository of this research center has about a million volumes and more than 6,000 archival collections. One of the Institute’s latest acquisitions is the Joseph Brodsky Archive, which has been kept for many years by his girlfriend Diana Myers, a professor at the University of London, and a doctor of science. Alan (Alan Myers), her husband, was one of Joseph Brodsky’s best translators. He also translated the works of Lydia Ginzburg, Lyudmila Ulitskaya, the Strugatsky brothers, Daniil Kharms, Anna Akhmatova, Osip Mandelstam, Pushkin and Dostoevsky. The poet very often stayed in a London apartment of the spouses, coming to the banks of the Thames, found here not only a warm welcome, but also understanding listeners. Brodsky said that Diana, like no other, is able to penetrate the essence of what he wrote. He greatly valued her opinion, so he could call from anywhere in the world to read his poems.
Brodsky’s acquaintance with Diana Vladimirovna Myers, in the childhood of Abaeva, took place in Leningrad in the company of mutual friends. Their dialogue continued until the last days of the poet’s life. Diana passed away in 2013, Alan - in 2010. The invaluable archive of the poet, which is now stored in the Hoover Institution, includes both famous and unpublished works, photographs, manuscripts, letters and drawings of the poet.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- Die Ursprünge des Genies oder die Geschichte einer großen Familie
- Roman vacation Linor Goralik and Olya Kroytor as a gift from the Brodsky Foundation
- Actor, critic, director - new winners of the Brodsky on Ischia Prize
- "Lenizdat" released a three-volume work of Joseph Brodsky, some of which is published in Russia for the first time
- Igor Dryomin: Romantic Realism. Soviet painting 1925-1945
- "El año en que nací" - bajo este nombre se mostró un boceto de la actuación. creado en el teatro para ellos. Volkova jóvenes directores metropolitanos
- Sobre Joseph Brodsky sin mitos, sinceramente, con amor
- Creative evening of the artist Veniamin Smekhov "Brodsky and around"