Gergiev, Tchaikovsky and London Symphony Orchestra on Trafalgar Square Automatic translate
LONDON. Participants in a social project performed in the open-air London Symphony Orchestra (LSO) and Valery Gergiev on Trafalgar Square.
Thanks to the LSO initiative, Trafalgar Square is now associated not only with Britain’s main Christmas tree, marches and demonstrations, but also with annual free open-air concerts. Valery Gergiev and the London Symphony, whose chief conductor he has been for several years, take risks and win. Stravinsky and Shostakovich in their performance fascinate the public no less than the popular classics.
Although the headliner of this year was Tchaikovsky, who invariably refers to this particular direction. On May 22, his Fourth Symphony and Suite from Swan Lake sounded. And the overture "1812" was originally conceived by the composer as a work for open-air, so its inclusion in the program turned out to be very appropriate.
The event on Trafalgar Square is also part of the LSO social project, thanks to which students from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and musicians living in the poor and criminogenic quarters of the British capital take part in a concert with world-famous performers. A potential chance to change life circumstances for the better.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- Travel from Moscow to Petersburg with Prokofiev and Gergiev
- Concert of the Mariinsky Theater Orchestra conducted by Gergiev in Tomsk
- Concierto de Valery Gergiev. ORQUESTA DE LA ACADEMIA MUSICAL RUSO-ALEMANA
- "Iolanta" for the first time on the stage of the Irkutsk Philharmonic
- Peter, Boris, Alexander. All Tchaikovsky in one concert
- Das Moskauer Konservatorium zeigte Musik. Kinästhetik ausstehend
- In memory of Polina Efimovna Vaydman, the main researcher of the works of Tchaikovsky
- "Helikon Opera" presentó el segundo estreno de la temporada - la ópera "Eugene Onegin"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!