“Romeo and Juliet” will play in three languages simultaneously Automatic translate
KALININGRAD. A unique theater project is being carried out in the regional drama theater. Within the framework of this project, three theaters located in the border cities of Lithuania, Klaipeda, Poland, Elblag, and Kaliningrad, Russia, simultaneously set about staging the same Shakespeare work.
The favorite play “Romeo and Juliet” was chosen by everyone for the project. Between the directors of the theaters participating in the project, there is an agreement that the concept of the performance will be unified, without the inclusion of various new-fangled directorial finds. In the same way, the same costumes will be made for the actors of each of the theater groups, the scenery and music will also be identical.
So far, there are separate rehearsals in each theater, but already in late autumn the first joint production will take place in Elblag, where actors from different groups will play all the characters in the play. As one of the options, Lithuanians can become characters in the Montecchi family, Kaliningrad actors turn into Capulet, and all other characters will be played by actors from the Polish theater. Thus, the performance will be played simultaneously in three languages.
In January, a similar run of the performance will take place in Klaipeda, where the actors will again swap places. In Kaliningrad, the audience will see the results of the experiment last, because the premiere of the international version of the performance on the Kaliningrad stage is planned only for April. The director of the performance, Mikhail Salez, says that it is very curious how the audience in the hall will react when the characters of the play speak three languages at the same time.
Kaliningrad theater-goers will see the Russian-language version of the play much earlier. The premiere of the play “Romeo and Juliet” will take place in Kaliningrad in October.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Die Aufführung des Kleinen Theaters "Shakespeare’s Night" in Weliki Nowgorod beendete das Festival "Living Shakespeare"
- Christopher Marlowe is the official co-author of Shakespeare. To start …
- Kaluga Drama Theater opened the anniversary season with the musical performance "Romeo and Juliet"
- In the Nizhny Novgorod Theater "Comedy" premiered the play "The Taming of the Shrew"
- New technologies will help reveal the secrets of the great playwright
- Jahr mit Shakespeare. Der große Dramatiker als Diplomat
- The Baltic House Festival, which opened for the 24th time, is dedicated to the anniversary of Shakespeare
- Exhibition "Shakespeare Gallery"