The performance of the Small Theater "Shakespeare’s Night" in Veliky Novgorod closed the festival "Living Shakespeare" Automatic translate
VELIKIY NOVGOROD. The premiere of the play “Shakespeare’s Night” staged by director Nadezhda Alekseeva, the Novgorod Maly Theater completed the Shakespeare Live festival. The festival events in Veliky Novgorod consisted of a variety of cultural events that began on September 19.
Among them were intellectual games in which participants competed in knowledge of the works written by the great playwright. Actors of the Maly Theater came to the Silver Rain radio station, reading Shakespeare’s creations. Designers and artists of Veliky Novgorod, in preparation for the premiere of "Romeo and Juliet," created posters for the play.
The premiere of the famous tragedy in a stage reading by director Nadezhda Alekseeva took place at the Maly Theater on October 21, becoming the central event of the festival. Even before the premiere in the theater, "Juliet Post" began to work. In a special mailbox, the organizers of the event collected letters with declarations of love addressed to Shakespeare’s heroine. When the box was full, all letters with an accompanying person were sent to Verona.
Now the play on love, which has expanded the theater’s repertoire, will become not only a magnificent performance, but also a reminder of the Shakespeare festival. The premieres of Shakespeare’s Night took place on November 24 and 25 on the night stage of the Maly Theater. An unusual performance was a real gift for connoisseurs of English classics.
The production united the heroes of several Shakespeare’s plays, which met on the same stage. The theme for milestones is common - human lack of freedom. The meeting with the characters lasted a little over an hour. All the actors of the theater became participants in the play. The action took place to the sound of live music.
Shakespeare’s Night was the result of a great cultural event in the city.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The festival "Tsar Tale" for the thirteenth time opened in Veliky Novgorod
- Theater "Malaya" opened the season with a poetic performance "Shattering"
- Exhibition of Nikolai Alekseevich Rothko "Caravan of Time"
- Exposición de Anatoly Alekseev - para el 90 aniversario del autor
- Die Ausstellung eines Werkes von Sokolov Ilya Alekseevich (1890 - 1968) "Portrait of Gorky"
- Konzert "Great Romantics". Dmitry Alekseev, Klavier (Vereinigtes Königreich)
- The leadership of the Hermitage supported the initiative of the conductor of the Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra Nikolai Alekseev on a joint project
- Opening of the memorial plaque to the People’s Artist of the USSR, academician of the USSR Academy of Arts Dementy Alekseevich Shmarinov