The creative association "Gogol Center" summed up the results of the first year of work Automatic translate
MOSCOW. On February 3, the Gogol Center Theater Association held a discussion on the results of the work of the popular stage venue in the capital. A year has passed since the opening of the Gogol Center.
During this time, 16 premiere performances were shown here, creative evenings and tours of foreign theaters took place, two festivals of choreographic art took place, one of which had an international status. During the year, almost 40 thousand spectators visited the Gogol Center.
Sergei Kapkov, head of the capital’s department of culture, at a meeting with media representatives, emphasized that of the more than three hundred Moscow theaters, the Gogol Center can be called the only theater whose development was meticulously monitored not only by theater figures, but also by ordinary spectators.
According to the results of the creative association, we can conclude that the choice of the path of development of the former theater to them. Gogol turned out to be true. The number of viewers who opted for an updated stage set has tripled.
The actors who worked in the old troupe of the Gogol Theater were initially skeptical of the transformation plans, but now 25 of them are actively participating in theatrical productions of the Gogol Center. Sergey Kapkov noted that the experience gained can help other theaters in the capital in need of updating.
Kirill Serebryannikov not only talked about the work done over the year, but also announced future plans for the association. According to him, the theater is not going to refuse avant-garde productions, but the growing interest of the audience in the classics will be taken into account. A new program has been launched at the Gogol Center for young playwrights. With its help, three authors have already received grants for work on new works.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Mayakovsky Tragedia: el estreno de la actuación en el Centro Gogol
- Gogol Center opens a new theater season for only two months
- The premiere of the play "Marina" based on the play by Lyuba Strizhak in the "Gogol Center"
- The program "Season of Stanislavsky" involved leading masters of the scene
- The premiere of the play "Medea" took place in the "Gogol Center"
- Kirill Serebryannikov held a creative meeting at the Volkov Theater
- The festival of Irish theaters Fringe opened in the Gogol Center with the play "Child of Man"