The Baltic House Festival, which opened for the 24th time, is dedicated to the anniversary of Shakespeare Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The Baltic House Festival, which opened in St. Petersburg for the 24th time, is dedicated to Shakespeare. “Shakespearean passions” - this was the motto of the festival, which is attended by Lithuania, Estonia, Hungary, Italy and Germany. For the first time, artists from the Beijing People’s Theater came to the festival, responding to the theater’s arrival from St. Petersburg to Beijing with their participation in the festival.
The Baltic House festival began with the screening of the play Julius Caesar staged by Italian director Romeo Castellucci. St. Petersburg theater-goers will enjoy the program of the festival with many interesting performances. Permanent participant of the festival, Luc Perceval will present his new work - the play "Macbeth." This will be the world premiere of the famous Shakespearean play, read by a leading European director.
Pippo Delbono, a director and actor from Italy, will present another original production. In his new production of Orchid, the Italian master included the motifs of Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, adding to them the texts of our contemporaries. The performance includes works by popular Western composers.
Eymuntas Nyakroshus brought the premiere to the festival. The upcoming screening of the play “The Book of Job” is eagerly awaited by admirers of the Lithuanian director’s creative work. Nyakroshyus created the play on the part of the Old Testament, causing the greatest amount of controversy. Kama Ginkas participates in the festival with his new work, Lady Macbeth of Our County.
A pleasant surprise awaits those spectators who remember the Estonian singer Tõnis Mägi, who performed a wonderful song at the Olympics-80. The singer plays one of the roles in the play Hamlet, staged by Estonian director Roman Baskin. In addition to performances, the festival will host video shows of performances according to Shakespeare and a conference.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The festival "Baltic Seasons" opened in Kaliningrad for the eleventh time
- The premiere of a new work by Kama Ginkas - "Lady Macbeth of our county"
- "Nocturne" - una nueva obra dirigida por Kama Ginkas en MTYuZ
- "Stanislavsky Season" opened with the performances of Lev Dodin and Eymuntas Nyakroshyus
- "The season of Stanislavsky" will begin the author’s performance of the director from Japan
- Die Aufführung des Kleinen Theaters "Shakespeare’s Night" in Weliki Nowgorod beendete das Festival "Living Shakespeare"
- Christopher Marlowe is the official co-author of Shakespeare. To start …
- Kaluga Drama Theater opened the anniversary season with the musical performance "Romeo and Juliet"