This year, the Hermitage will open its doors with the play Lear King Automatic translate
MOSCOW. On August 22, on the New Stage of the Peter Fomenko Workshop Theater, on their 55th anniversary, they will show the loud premiere of Lear King based on William Shakespeare’s play King Lear. Unfortunately, the main stage of the Hermitage is currently under reconstruction.
The theater’s press service reported that the play will be performed for the first time in a completely new translation created by the famous translator, essayist and poet Grigory Kruzhkov. Shakespeare’s work was not chosen by chance, because this year the whole world celebrates the 350th anniversary of the birth of the great playwright. The production was created by the artistic director of the theater, the famous director Mikhail Levitin, in collaboration with Sergei Barkhin, a leading theater set designer and artist. Levitin also said that the choice fell on “King Lear” also because he felt within himself the strength to work with such a great work: “I turned to“ King Lear ”, because the age had come to work with such material, it was time to understand myself and age opportunities. ”
The main role in the play will be played by Mikhail Filippov, actor of the Mayakovsky Theater. The famous Swedish trombonist Elias Fayngersh, who wrote the music for this performance, will play the role of the jester. By the way, the director noted that he was very happy, because he was able to attract Filippov to the work, with whom he had been familiar for a long time and considered Mikhail a first-class actor. As for the participation in the play of Fayngersh, the "golden trombone" of Europe, then, according to many theater critics, this is precisely what gave the performance special significance and a certain charm.
According to the director of the play, they managed to create an author’s stage version of Shakespeare’s tragedy. However, the work was done without gross modernization and with great respect to the author of the play. Mikhail Levitin promised that many surprises await the audience in this performance. “As our outstanding director Pyotr Fomenko rightly remarked, today you cannot set a tragedy without humor,” Levitin emphasized.
Svetlana Korableva © Gallerix.ru
- Fans of the theater "Workshop of Peter Fomenko" are waiting for the premiere of the play "Poplar"
- The premiere of the play "Sunstroke" directed by Irina Keruchenko took place at the Voronezh Chamber Theater
- Theater "Workshop of Peter Fomenko" conquered the audience of Voronezh
- A generation of forty in the play "Olympia" on the stage of "Fomenko Workshop"
- The Hermitage Theater prepares for the first premiere of the anniversary season
- Chekhov festival begins the program with a solo performance "Raul"
- The play, staged ten years ago by Peter Fomenko, is again on stage
- Artists of the Pyotr Fomenko Workshop Theater presented the premiere of A Midsummer Night’s Dream