Spectators saw the premiere of "Romeo and Juliet" from director Dmitry Krymov and students of GITIS Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Director Dmitry Krymov presented the premiere of the play “Romeo and Juliet” in the Manege Hall on December 27, which became a joint work of SDI and GITIS students. The play, in which the play was staged, received only the main plot from the Shakespearean tragedy. For Dmitry Krymov, the famous work was the impetus for the creation of a new play. The director added to the classic title the subtitle “Kinsurprise”.
Krymov, talking about his work, emphasizes that even the classic plot is present in it with a dotted line, and everything that happens on the stage is his fantasy. Almost the entire third course of the GITIS, studying under the guidance of E. Kamenkovich and D. Krymov, is occupied in the play. The director noted that SDI often collaborates with students, however, in the history of this cooperation, participation in the performance of the entire course happened only the second time.
Dmitry Krymov staged a play several years ago that used the motives of Ostrovsky’s play. "Oh. Late Love ”, where students also participated, has become a successful experience with beginner artists. He entered the repertoire of the theater and was twice awarded the Golden Mask.
The new directorial work of Dmitry Krymov, created in collaboration with artists Anna Grebennikova and Evgenia Reznikova, was a continuation of the tradition born in Verona - to write letters for Juliet. They are written by guests of Verona, send messages even from other countries. This performance, staged by the director along with students, also became a letter addressed to Juliet.
The conventions of the events taking place in the play written by Krymov do not detract from the tragedy that happened with young lovers. It is important for the director that even friends who wanted to help them created situations that caused the sad ending of the play.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- An exhibition dedicated to the 130th anniversary of the artist N. Krymov is opened in Krasnodar
- La exposición de una pintura Krymov "Molino"
- Das Bild des Feindes. Gruppenausstellung der Studenten des experimentellen Kurses Kamenkovich-Krymov (GITIS)
- Kaluga Drama Theater opened the anniversary season with the musical performance "Romeo and Juliet"
- For three days in Velikogm Novgorod we got acquainted with the work of the Bolshoi Puppet Theater from St. Petersburg
- Prokofiev’s ballet music in an anniversary set
- Die Uraufführung von "Romeo und Julia" fand erfolgreich im Saratov Drama Theatre statt
- Romeo and Juliet from military Prague on the stage of the Omsk Musical Theater