The FBI and the Los Angeles Police returned 9 paintings stolen 6 years ago Automatic translate
LOS ANGELES. The agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Los Angeles police returned nine paintings worth a total of $ 24 million to the owners, including the work of the great Russian artist Marc Chagall. The work was stolen six years ago from the home of an elderly couple, the FBI press service said.
The paintings were discovered during the FBI operation. The main suspect, Paul Espinoza, 45, was arrested while he was trying to sell stolen art objects to FBI undercover agents, Bureau spokeswoman Laura Eimiller explained. Espinoza has already been charged, and the search for his accomplices is ongoing.
Three more paintings remained stolen from spouses from a suburb of Los Angeles in August 2008. This robbery is still considered one of the largest in the history of the city.
The victims informed the police that the theft occurred when the couple were in their bedrooms and the housekeeper was buying groceries. At the same time, they did not hear anything suspicious and did not see the robbers. The housekeeper found the loss upon returning from the store. For reliable information about the robbers or the whereabouts of the paintings, a reward of $ 200,000 was announced, but no information was received until September 2014. In September, police became aware of a certain European known by the nickname Darko, who was looking for buyers for stolen paintings.
According to the case file, nine paintings found are valued at least 13 million US dollars. As of October 27, Paul Espinoza did not plead guilty to the theft.
Anna Sidorova © Gallerix.ru
- In Paris, they will burn fake Chagall
- The exhibition "Marc Chagall. La Bible" opened in the art center "Perinnye Ryady"
- Actors of the Grotesque Theater brought to the festival a performance about the great Chagall
- Los bielorrusos descubrieron a Chagall en sí mismos, ¡en el arte con la cabeza!
- Secretos de la vida y el amor de Marc Chagall en el Museo Nacional de Arte de Bielorrusia
- Exhibition of graphics by Marc Chagall on the anniversary of the great master for the residents of Altai
- In the museum "Erarta" opened "Gouache two O" - an exhibition of works by artists working in the technique of "gouache on paper"
- Exhibition "Three epochs of Marc Chagall" 0+
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!