An exhibition of paintings by Latvian artist Juris Yuryans opens in the capital Automatic translate
MOSCOW. “On the wings of an owl” - under this name, the exhibition of the painter Juris Yuryans opens in the Zurab Tsereteli Art Gallery The opening of the exhibition of the professor, teacher of the Latvian Academy of Arts, is dedicated to the seventieth anniversary of the painter, revered in the republic as a great artist.
The world of the works of Juris Juriance is filled with original ideas, it combines tradition and modernity. Most of the artist’s works are devoted to the love and harmony of nature and man. In his work there is no place for depression or aggression, they are full of joy and romance, optimism and hope.
Often on his canvases there are images of angels, which he sees in a female form, in the form of birds or their wings. The exhibition got its name from one of the author’s favorite images - an owl, which among some peoples symbolizes wisdom and goodness.
Yuryans believes that every artist has a bit of a jester, so this image is also present on his canvases. Among the colors depicted by the master in his works, he prefers irises. These elegant flowers symbolize in mythology the reflection of people in each other, and have erotic meanings.
Working in the technique of oil painting, Yuriance uses plates of precious metals, as well as copper and aluminum. Among contemporary Latvian artists, Juris Juriance is one of the few who have mastered the technology of using thin plates of gold in painting, known since the Renaissance and Byzantium.
The exhibition, which the public will see from July 22nd, includes about 70 paintings created by the painter since the 70th year. The display of the works of the Latvian painter for the cultural life of the capital is not only an acquaintance with the work of a talented master - it is also the support of friendly relations between countries.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Korbakov House" presented an exhibition of monumental painting by Evgeny Maximov and his students
- The exhibition "Possible Worlds of Zurab Tsereteli", which opened in Yaroslavl, was presented by the author
- Igor Dryomin: "Flowers and Birds". Exhibition of Yan Dunjiang
- In the Novosibirsk Art Museum opened an exhibition - "PAX in Novosibirsk"
- Igor Dryomin: "In the labyrinth of meanings." Exhibition of works by Sergey Gusarin
- Zurab Tsereteli schenkte dem Vladimir-Suzdal Museum ein Hochrelief von Andrei Voznesensky
- Between Volga and Danube
- Presentation of the sculpture "Peter the Great" by Z.K. Tsereteli, dedicated to the 350th anniversary of the birth of the first Emperor, was held at the MVK of the Russian Academy of Arts