An exhibition dedicated to the anniversary of the painter V. A. Serov is open at the Russian Museum Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The Russian Museum gives visitors an exhibition, the name of which was a surprise for connoisseurs of painting. On the 5th of March, the exhibition “Serov is not a portrait painter” was presented in the halls of the Benois Wing. It is dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the famous artist.
Interestingly, V. A. Serov created a huge gallery of various portraits, a considerable amount of which is stored in the funds of the Russian Museum, however, the artist himself preferred to call himself a painter. By this he emphasized that he works in various pictorial genres.
The creators of the exhibition’s exposition decided to present to the museum guests not only portraits that became classics of Russian painting of the 19-20th century, but also works of other genres belonging to the brush of V. A. Serov. Museum workers gathered canvases in the halls, where V. A. Serov is represented as the creator of historical painting, landscapes, and genre works. Some of his works are largely the forerunners of Russian avant-garde art.
In total, about 250 works by V. Serov were placed in the exhibition halls. They were selected from the collection of the Russian Museum and other collections, including from the Tretyakov Gallery. Part of the exhibition consists of works first presented to the public. These are sketches for performances and illustrations for the works of famous classics.
For the first time, guests of the museum will be able to get acquainted with the joint work of V. Serov and K. Korovin - “The Walking of Christ on the Waters”. This painting was painted by them in 1890 for the church in Kostroma. Unfortunately, the condition of the canvas did not allow to show the original picture. This work needs careful restoration, so viewers will see only a color photograph. But the famous painting "The Abduction of Europe" is presented in all its glory.
You can see the exhibition of V. Serov until June 8th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Creativity of Russian impressionists at an exhibition in Yaroslavl
- "The magic of ancient drawing" - an exhibition of works from the collection of the Tambov gallery after restoration
- The Tver Regional Art Gallery presented the exhibition "Valentin Serov and Domotkanovo"
- Artists of the Russian World creative association presented their works at the Kolomenskoye Museum
- Los 7 mejores servicios similares de Wowblogger: empoderar a personas influyentes
- Exhibition of works by V.A. Serov from the collection of the State Tretyakov Gallery
- Exhibition "The Tree of Knowledge". Artists Anna Serova and Vera Korshunova
- "Actress from Serov" by Maryam Makhieva. To grow a soul and find yourself real
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!