The exhibition "Frontiers of Memory" was brought to the Rostov Museum of Art from St. Petersburg Automatic translate
ROSTOV-ON-DON. For the first time, the youngest museum in St. Petersburg, representing works of art created in the XX-XXI centuries, brought to Rostov-on-Don an exhibition of paintings and drawings by Leningrad artists. The Museum of Art of St. Petersburg received legal status at the end of 2015, that is, officially the museum has been operating for only a year. However, the collection that the museum has today was founded 25 years ago.
Over the years, this collection can be used to study the history of fine art of the Northern capital in a wide range of styles and trends from the twenties of the last century to the present day. The museum collection contains first-class works of St. Petersburg artists belonging to different generations.
However, the works created in the 20-40s of the last century can rightfully be called the pride of the collection. These works, distinguished by the highest plastic culture, become a kind of “slice” of Soviet art, destroying prevailing stereotypes. Our ideas about the visual culture of that time are becoming deeper and more voluminous.
It is these works of Leningrad masters from the collection of MISP, which is a branch of the Manege Central Exhibition Hall, that arrived in the Rostov Regional Art Museum. The exposition, which opened on December 7 under the name "Frontiers of Memory", contains more than nine dozen works by painters and graphic artists representing the creative association "Circle of Artists" known in those years.
A great addition to the exposition were works of art made in a beautifully plastic style. All Leningrad masters whose works are presented at the exhibition were students of outstanding painters and teachers.
You can get acquainted with the exhibition “Frontiers of Memory” until January 25.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In honor of the anniversary of the Academy of Arts, the exhibition "Steps of Excellence" has opened
- "Earthly echo of solar storms" in the Central Exhibition Hall Manege
- Exposición "Art-Rostov"
- The premiere performance "Papa" of the new Rostov theater is dedicated to his native city
- For the anniversary of Ivan Yazev in Rostov opened the exhibition "Artist of a bygone era"
- Wir lesen zusammen Junge Rostovs. Kapitel aus dem Roman "Krieg und Frieden"
- Exhibition of artistic author’s dolls "Artkukla-2020. Puppetry"
- Creativity of young artists presented at the exhibition "Izhevsk Says"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!