Farewell to the Year of Literature. Discoveries, Losses and Hopes Automatic translate
The results of the literary year are basically summed up, only the results of NOS remain intrigue.
With 2016, the most important of all arts will again be cinema, followed by chorus singing and a circus. What surprised or pleased the outgoing 2015?
Presentation of the main writers’ awards did without shocking surprises. Worthy and sometimes predictable winners. First of all, it concerns Guzeli Yakhina, in whose portfolio is the Big Book, Yasnaya Polyana and Prose of the Year from MICEX. The story of the circles of hell, passed by the main character and hundreds of thousands of her compatriots in the first half of the last century, gratefully echoed in the hearts of readers of this day. Those who believe in change, the opportunity to speak freely, without expecting shouts, and to know that the past will never knock on the door. “Russian Booker”, “National Best”, “Master” went to very talented people - Alexander Snegirev, Sergey Nosov, Olga Varsaver, Vyacheslav Sereda and Pavel Grushko, whose books and translations were a revelation and revelation for many.
In the top ten bestsellers of 2015 - the expected discord of reading preferences. From the fascinating semi-detective Goldfinch Tart to the 55-year-old “To Kill a Mockingbird” on this list, Harper Lee, who soared in the ranking after the unexpectedly-released werewolf sequel. From Martian Weier - survival aids on a foreign planet, snapped up by fans of the film, to the documentary-adventure Shantaram Roberts. The undisputed leader was the first part of the new Akunin trilogy dedicated to the indestructible Fandorin - “Planet Water”. Opinions about her are diametrically opposed: from the disappointed “signed up”, “Jules Verne rehash”, “self-parody” to the joyful “he returned”. The truth, located somewhere in the middle, does not interfere with the demand for Akunin’s work. The presence of Orwell’s dozen dystopias in 1984 about a repressive totalitarian society is the least surprising. The novel, published back in 1949, is relevant to this day.
What news and discoveries await us in 2016, including in the field of literature, it’s even scary to imagine. This is not known to anyone, and therefore there is room for hope. Happy New Year!.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- El resultado previsto del Gran Libro. Quien no es Zuleikh, perdió
- Popularisierung der Geschichte von Akunin. Erschwinglich und macht Spaß
- Sulazhin: interactive Akunin on the same wavelength as a modern readership
- Rating writers, and what our children actually read
- "Estoy tan lastimado por la gente, lo siento por todos, por eso escribo"
- Personal exhibition of the artist Lev Snegirev in the exhibition center of Tver
- Bekanntgabe der besten ausländischen Literaturübersetzer des Jahres 2015
- A unique exhibition of artists - abstract artists of the mid-twentieth century has opened in Moscow