The main stage temporarily opened in the Maly Theater Automatic translate
MOSCOW. A pleasant surprise for fans of the Maly Theater was the opening on December 1 of the Main Stage, where on that day the play “Woe from Wit” was shown. The director of this performance is the famous director Sergei Zhenovach.
According to Yuri Solomin, the artistic director of the theater, the opportunity to show his work on the main stage is very important for the team. The branch of the theater has excellent conditions for the work of actors, however, the format of the stage does not provide opportunities to show the audience many performances that managed to live on the stage for only a few months.
The break between the reconstruction of the Maly Theater gives viewers the opportunity to attend repertoire performances staged on the Main Stage until the end of April. In May, the Maly Theater will continue work on the reconstruction of an old building, where there has been no repair since the mid-19th century, from the day it was opened.
Reconstruction work in the basements of the building continues. Now one of the most difficult problems is being solved - strengthening the foundation with the help of special piles. The work is complicated, since the theater building was built on the spot where the Neglinka River, once hidden in a pipe, was located.
This will be followed by the reconstruction of the walls and ceiling, which have long been in disrepair. A full reconstruction of the basement will be carried out, where the theater’s technical services will move, which now occupy the premises on the ground floors of the building. Dressing rooms for spectators will move to another space, and construction of additional scenes is planned in their place.
The reconstruction of the theater was used by archaeologists for research. Having the opportunity to carry out archaeological work, they have already found several rarities. The completion of the reconstruction of the Maly Theater is scheduled for October 2016.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Artists of the Maly Theater showed two magnificent performances to Kursk spectators
- The Maly Theater premiered the play "The Servant of Two Masters" directed by Italian director Stefano de Luca
- Das Programm des Volkov Theatre Festivals wurde mit der Aufführung des Maly Theaters "Woe from Wit" eröffnet.
- In the Nizhny Novgorod drama. Gorky begins tour of the Maly Theater
- Maly Theater again came on tour in Rostov-on-Don
- Maly Theater leaders talked about plans for next season
- Theater Festival Rybakova was opened by artists of the Maly Theater
- Exposición fotográfica "Teatro Maly en gira"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!