On the year of Lermontov’s anniversary, the Hero of Our Time was staged in the Penza drama Automatic translate
PENZA. The new performance, staged at the Penza Drama Theater, was the first to be seen by high school students in the city. On April 18, they were invited to watch the original stage reading of a familiar novel written by Mikhail Lermontov.
This performance became a joint project, in the creation of which the drama theater and regional literary and memorial museums took part. Penza "Hero of our time" will become a participant in the All-Russian festival "Masquerade", dedicated to Mikhail Lermontov.
Although the Penza theater-goers will only see the official presentation of the play on May 10th, for the artists of the Penza Drama Theater the premiere of “Hero of Our Time” has already taken place on a tour of Hungary.
The performance, staged by the Moscow director Andrei Shlyapin, was shown in Budapest, and then it was seen by theatergoers Debrecen. Not only our former compatriots came to see the work of the Penza theater. Indigenous residents of Hungary were also present in the hall, enthusiastically accepting a production of a Russian theater dedicated to the anniversary of Lermontov.
Only four actors participate in the performance, each of which in the course of action transforms into different characters. For example, Sergey Kazakov plays Pechorin and three other characters of the play - Dr. Werner, Grushnitsky and the dragoon captain. According to the actor, the theatrical art of the West is in many ways different from what they are used to seeing in Russia.
If in the Russian theater it is customary to influence the audience with a word, inviting them to think about what is happening on the stage, then in the west there is a different approach to the audience - they are attracted by the action, something must happen on the stage every moment. However, the unusual production of the theater from Penza was adequately appreciated by the Hungarian audience.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In the capital’s Sakharov Center presented a sketch of a play about Mandelstam
- In the estate Serednikovo celebrated Lermontov’s anniversary with a performance and concerts
- For the festival "Masquerade" in the theater of Penza restore the play "Vadim"
- Escocia celebra el 200 aniversario de Lermontov
- An unexpected find in Penza - a gift from a professor from Harvard to the Russian princess
- A rare edition autographed by Lermontov from the looted estate of Shenshin
- "Un héroe de nuestro tiempo", resumen
- Oleg Chernov. MY LERMONTOV
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!
You cannot comment Why?