Irkutsk Youth Theater closed the season with a performance staged by an Italian director Automatic translate
IRKUTSK. In the Youth Theater. Vampilova premiere of the play "King Deer", a fairy tale written by the Italian playwright Carlo Gozzi, the theater season has closed. The production, created by a team that arrived from Italy, in its entertainment and originality of the approach to the play, was included in the number of popular theater performances representing Buryat legends.
Although the plots of such productions as “Heavenly Maiden Swan” and “Legends of the Gray Baikal” are closer to the inhabitants of Siberia, the play “King-Deer” tells a story with much more convincing and dramatic power. According to the director Ferruccio Merisi, along with the artist Claudia Kontin Arlekino who arrived in Irkutsk from the Italian city of Pardenone, the choice of Gozzi’s play was successful. This was due to the fact that the magic of a fairy tale invented by an Italian playwright brings it closer to the legends of Siberian peoples.
The Italian directors got the opportunity to work with the actors of the Irkutsk Youth Theater, thanks to the agreement on cultural exchange between the theater school of the city of Pardenone and the Irkutsk theater, signed in 2011. Bright scenery and unusual costumes created by Italian masters, made in a slightly grotesque manner, allow you to translate the intricate plot of the play from the level of everyday to metaphysical.
The Irkutsk audience, who first saw the production in the spirit of comedy del arte, where the actors performed in masks, as was customary in medieval Venice, were delighted. At the end of the performance, the work of the artists was appreciated by the long applause of the admiring public. Spectators who did not attend the premiere are looking forward to the start of the new season, when the heroes of a wonderful Italian fairy tale reappear on the stage of the Irkutsk Youth Theater.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The Baltic House Theater has begun a new, anniversary season
- Fans of the theater "Workshop of Peter Fomenko" are waiting for the premiere of the play "Poplar"
- In the repertoire of the theater. Okhdopkova reappeared the play based on the play by A. Vampilov "Farewell in June"
- Oleg Tabakov continued his holiday in Saratov, presenting to the theater-goers of his native city the performance "Jubilee of a Jeweler"
- The first theater to show its performance at the Vampilov festival was the "Workshop" from St. Petersburg
- Artists of the Moscow Art Theater. Chekhov brought to Volgograd two performances
- The Vampilov festival in Irkutsk opened with a performance of the Maly Theater
- Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio (1571-1610)
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!