The festival "Alexandrinsky" opened with a production of the Hungarian director "Crime and Punishment" Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The Alexandrinsky Theater Festival opened for the tenth time last Saturday, with five national theaters representing Europe and Asia participating. The first performance of the festival was the directorial work of the Hungarian director, artistic director of the National Theater of Hungary Attila Vindnyasky. Together with the Alexandrinka artists, the director presented the performance “Crime and Punishment”.
This performance opened not only the festival program, but also the new theater season of the Alexandrinsky Theater. For five hours, the audience empathized with the famous story shown on the stage in a new reading. According to Alexander Polamishev, the performer of the role of Raskolnikov, the events of the play do not take place in the past, but in the present. Its creator emphasized this by dressing the characters in modern clothes.
Although part of the audience watched the play to the end because of its duration, no one called it boring. Spectators who left the theater after the final of the production, at half past twelve, called it “chic” and “amazing”. There were also requests to postpone the beginning of the performance to an earlier time.
The festival poster provides for several shows of each theater. The audience saw the "Crime and Punishment" and the next day, September 11. Next on the stage of "Alexandrinka" will be the artists of the Beijing Theater. They brought the performance “Faithful Friends” to the festival, which will be shown on September 16, 17 and 18.
Then the audience will see the Moliere’s “Mean” in the reading of the Israeli director Ilan Ronen. The audience is eagerly awaiting the start of the screenings of the play "Hero" - a joint work of South African and Russian artists. Among the participants of the festival are also the Suzuki Theater from Japan and Piccolo from Italy.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Theater named after Obraztsova completed his tour in St. Petersburg with the play "The Old Senior and …"
- Mayakovsky’s play “Bath” became the first premiere of the season of the New Stage of the Alexandrinsky Theater
- "Alexandrinsky" Festival eröffnet mit einer Aufführung des litauischen Nationaltheaters "Heroes ’Square"
- The performance, which opened the fifth ON.TEATR festival, was "North"
- "Big Tours" - the artists of the Alexandrinsky Theater arrived in Pskov.
- On the New Stage of the Alexandrinsky Theater, the premiere of the play "Noise"
- The dramatic composition "Roads" presented on the New Stage of the Alexandrinsky Theater is dedicated to Russian classics
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!