Mayakovsky’s play “Bath” became the first premiere of the season of the New Stage of the Alexandrinsky Theater Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. On January 25, on the New Stage of Aleksandrinka, viewers will see the premiere of the satirical play Bath, written by Vladimir Mayakovsky in the twenties of the past century. Nikolay Roshchin, the theater’s chief director, worked on the production of the famous poet’s work. The interest in the upcoming premiere is great among both the public and journalists, since directors rarely take up the production of this play.
Therefore, the creators of the play on the eve of the premiere gathered a press conference on not only the first premiere performance in the new season, but also on the theater’s future plans. Naturally, on the eve of the premiere, most of the questions asked by journalists related to a new performance prepared for the meeting with the audience.
Valery Fokin, artistic director of the Alexandrinsky Theater, noted that he remembers only two incarnations of the Bath. One of them was a performance staged by Valentin Pluchek, who lived for many years on the stage of the capital’s theater of Satire. I also had a chance to see the production created at the Shchukin school.
Nikolai Roshchin, director of Bani, talked about the reasons for the rare appearance of the play on stage. Mayakovsky wrote The Bathhouse in 1929. The play has many situations typical of those years. However, Meyerhold, who ordered the play, even then noted that in it, next to the momentary, there is the eternal.
Therefore, the director, who turned to the play, must solve the most difficult task - by removing the superfluous, preserve the power inherent in Mayakovsky, the rhythms and energy of the play, and also not deviate from the plot. Roshchin admitted that he was worried about the failure of the performance staged by Meyerhold. He considers strange the unfortunate fate of the play, which has such a brilliant text.
After the meeting, the journalists were shown a fragment of the future premiere.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Alexandrinsky" Festival eröffnet mit einer Aufführung des litauischen Nationaltheaters "Heroes ’Square"
- The festival "Alexandrinsky" opened with a production of the Hungarian director "Crime and Punishment"
- Theater named after Obraztsova completed his tour in St. Petersburg with the play "The Old Senior and …"
- The performance, which opened the fifth ON.TEATR festival, was "North"
- "Big Tours" - the artists of the Alexandrinsky Theater arrived in Pskov.
- On the New Stage of the Alexandrinsky Theater, the premiere of the play "Noise"
- The dramatic composition "Roads" presented on the New Stage of the Alexandrinsky Theater is dedicated to Russian classics
- "Catherine the Great" from the Sverdlovsk Musical Comedy was shown in Sevastopol
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!