"Exile" - the premiere of the play about Lithuanian migrants in the theater. Mayakovsky Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Today, February 3, at the Mayakovsky Theater the premiere of the performance "Exile" took place. For the third time, Mindaugas Karbauskis presents a work written by the playwright Marius Ivashkevičius. If previous works of this creative duo sent viewers back to the past, then this performance is dedicated to our contemporaries.
The heroes of the performance “Exile” staged by Mindaugas Karbauskis on the “Stage on the Sretenka” were Lithuanian migrants, who came to London in search of a better life. The performance was written almost “from nature”. The author wrote a play in London. There, on the outskirts of the capital, he met with his compatriots, watching their fates.
The playwright originally planned to write comedy, but in the end the play became a drama. Of course, there are quite funny situations in it, however, the story of a person surviving in a foreign country cannot be a comedy. The author said that everything he saw and heard turned his mind about the life of migrants upside down.
This play was already staged in England and the English actors playing in the play said that their idea of people who came to their country to work changed radically. They could not imagine what kind of dramas happen in the lives of these people, how difficult it is for them to overcome not only external circumstances, but also themselves.
The leading actor, Vyacheslav Kovalev, finds in his character, the Lithuanian migrant Ben Ivanovas, many autobiographical moments. The artist also had to start a new life, having arrived in Moscow from Novosibirsk. It was a difficult period for him. It is possible that other participants in the play found something personal in this play.
On the modern stage, the problem of mass migration, to which the performance "Exile" is dedicated, is still rarely addressed.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The play "Talents and Fans" opened a new season in the theater. Mayakovsky
- Im Theater zu ihnen. Mayakovsky hielt eine Pressevorführung der neuen Arbeit von Mindaugas Karbauskis - das Stück "Russischer Roman"
- In the theater to them. Mayakovsky celebrated his 93rd birthday with gifts to the audience
- The festival "Baltic Seasons" opened in Kaliningrad for the eleventh time
- The audience of the theater. Mayakovsky attended a dinner at Kant
- Two wins in one day. The triumphant return of Igor Kovalev
- Two anniversaries celebrates with a personal exhibition in the Stavropol Museum of Fine Arts, artist Ivan Kovalev
- Ausstellung von Pavel Kovalev "Architekturprojekt als Kunstobjekt"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!