Rare engravings by an English master at an exhibition in the Tver Museum Automatic translate
TVER. In the art museum. Saltykova-Shchedrin On January 23, an exhibition opened that presented visitors with the opportunity to get acquainted with unique exhibits - engravings, made at the end of the 18th century by the English artist George Morland. The exhibition, long awaited by connoisseurs of art, was called - "Engravings of the Old World…"
The exhibition has a small number of exhibits - four engravings, authored by George Morland. These engravings were printed in Paris and decorated in an unusual technique - painted with watercolors and supplemented with appliqués made of silk and gas. The author of another engraving is not installed, it only became known that it was made in Italy.
These works have been in the collection of the Tver Museum for more than a hundred years, since 1892. However, their condition did not give the opportunity to show engravings to the public, since there was no opportunity to restore them in the museum. Only in July 2012, unique works of art were sent to Moscow, where for more than a year the employees of the Scientific and Restoration Center named after Academician Grabar engaged in their restoration.
Engravings returned to the Tver Museum at the end of 2013. Before returning, two engravings were presented in Moscow at an exhibition held at the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Center dedicated to the 95th anniversary of scientific restoration. With their help, it was shown how great the professional skill of the restorers of the center them. Grabar.
Now visitors to the museum can see engravings in an updated form. Next to each of them are photographs, which show images of engravings before restoration. With their help, it is easy to see how much work the restorers did when restoring each of the engravings made in a unique technique.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The Tver Regional Art Gallery presented the exhibition "Valentin Serov and Domotkanovo"
- Landscapes, portraits and still lifes from Fedor Pomelov at the exhibition "For the Far Away" in the Tver State Museum and Exhibition Center
- In Tver, they are touring the Kursk Damteater. Pushkin
- Famous artists who worked on Tver land at an exhibition in the Tver Regional Art Gallery
- An exhibition "Artists of the Tver Region" from the collection of the regional art gallery is open in Tver
- In Tver, summed up the festival "Singing Letters"
- Tver artist Nikolai Dochkin celebrated his anniversary with an exhibition in the Tver CMC
- Pushkinsky, Tretyakov Gallery, Garage and GES-2 merged into the "Museum Four"
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!