The exhibition of the artist Katya Medvedeva in the Central House of Artists is dedicated to her 80th birthday Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Connoisseurs of the “naive art” genre, who are familiar with the work of self-taught artist Ekaterina Medvedeva, should hurry up to get to her next exhibition. This time the exhibition, which opened in the Central House of Artists, is dedicated to the anniversary of the artist. Ekaterina Medvedeva, celebrating her eightieth birthday, does not feel her venerable age. Therefore, in communication, she constantly recalls that she should be called just Katya.
Indeed, the sincerity of the work of Katya Medvedeva and the purity of her soul cannot be combined with formality. She calls herself the happiest artist of those who happened to write her works in the late XX and early XXI centuries. Katya Medvedeva considers her creative career not because of its lightness. The artist calls the work on each new work a spiritual holiday. Since the artist works a lot and fruitfully, her life is filled with holidays.
Katya Medvedeva says that in her works she uses various techniques, the choice of which depends on the theme of the work and the mood with which she writes them. The artist uses acrylic when the painting, as she says, is “business”. If the artist creates works related to religious subjects, then most often she writes them at tempera. When Katya Medvedeva arises to start a heart-to-heart conversation with her picture, she takes up the brush and works with oil paints.
The artist wrote her first works almost at the age of forty, and three months later Katya Medvedeva presented her paintings at the first exhibition. She received extremely controversial reviews of her work. Viewers said that her work was similar to the work of a child, professionals called them brilliant. In the nineties, the paintings of Katya Medvedeva visited an exhibition held at the Champs Elysees, where he was in the same room with the works of Marc Chagall and Henri Matisse.
Katya Medvedeva’s exhibition at the Central House of Artists will continue on January 15.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Pure painting". Exhibition of works by Nikita Medvedev (1950-2018) and Tatiana Alekseeva
- Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev: brevemente sobre lo principal en la vida del primer ministro
- Exposición "Síndrome de Dorian Gray" por la fotógrafa Tatyana Medvedeva
- Ausstellung von Nikita Medwedew (1950-2018) VITA BREVIS, ARS LONGA
- Medwedew präsentierte eine Sammlung von Büchern "Moskau-870" auf dem Festival "Roter Platz"
- Igor Dryomin: Moscow Seasons. Fall 2016
- In the halls of the Central House of Artists on Krymsky Val opened the exhibition "Arctic" in Moscow, arrived from Murmansk
- Jurors Announced Laureates of the International Project – Exhibition “Landscapes of Abstraction”
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!