In the repertoire of the Hermitage Theater, the play “My Shadow” based on Schwartz’s play appeared Automatic translate
MOSCOW. On Wednesday, August 21, the Hermitage Theater opened the new theater season with the premiere performance of My Shadow, staged by Mikhail Levitin, artistic director of the theater group. The production was based on the well-known play “Shadow” written by Eugene Schwartz.
In Soviet times, this play often appeared in the repertoire of various theaters, but even then it was overshadowed by the more popular Schwarzian “Dragon”. In recent years, “Shadow” completely disappeared from the theatrical stage. It seemed to many that Schwartz’s plays had lost their relevance, because times had changed so much that the content of the plays did not cause any associations - what shadows and dragons could there be?
However, the production of Mikhail Levitin was perceived by the public in such a way that there was a complete feeling that the play was written by the playwright just yesterday, and all the events taking place in it were close and understandable. About the works of Eugene Schwartz, as before, they say that his stories do not age.
Levitin assures that his appeal to the plays of Schwartz was the first experience in staging the works of the playwright, but at the same time the last. The name of the play began to sound “My shadow” not by chance. There is a shadow in every person, only it is impossible to allow this side of the personality to prevail, to allow it to control its fate. A shadow must know its place - only then can the fear of it be defeated and remain human.
Both main roles - the Scientist and his Shadow - were played by People’s Artist of the Russian Federation Evgeny Redko, RAMT actor, invited by Mikhail Levitin. In the play, with the permission of the author’s family, the music of Pyotr Todorovsky sounds. Recognizable melodies give the performance a certain mood. Due to the reconstruction of the large stage of the Hermitage, the performance was shown on the New Stage of the Fomenko Workshop Theater.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- This year, the Hermitage will open its doors with the play Lear King
- The Hermitage Theater prepares for the first premiere of the anniversary season
- An exhibition of the artist Valentin Levitin has opened at the Dostoevsky Museum
- The premiere of the new version of the play by Eugene Schwartz "Dragon" was held in the St. Petersburg Comedy Theater. Akimova
- "I am writing everything except denunciations." On the anniversary of Eugene Schwartz
- The Ryazan Puppet Theater successfully hosted the premiere of "Cinderella", created using modern technology
- Artistas del Teatro Opereta de Petersburgo mostraron dos musicales en Pskov
- The Ryazan Drama Theater closed the season with the play "Dragon" based on the play by E. Schwartz